PDT Deal Reached Between Ontario Government and Catholic Teachers
At a press conference at 10:30 a.m. today Minister Broten announced that a deal had been reached with the Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association for a 2012-2014 collective agreement. Very few details are available at this time. The Minister's media release provides the following information:
- Two year deal
- No salary increase in either year
- All teachers take 3 unpaid professional development days to fund movement on the salary grid (Equivalent to 1.5% pay cut)
- Agreement to restructure the salary grid
- Elimination of Retirement Gratuities
- Short term sick leave plan with 10 sick days
- No banking of sick leave days
- Agree to develop a fair and transparent hiring process for Long Term Occasional Teachers
For more information, see The Minister's media release.
ETFO, OSSTF, CUPE, and AEFO will be responding to the Minister's announcement at a media conference scheduled to be held Friday morning at the Sheraton Center Hotel in Toronto. Additional details are available in this media advisory on the ETFO website.