|Pro Tip: Know the Causes of Tennis Elbow
by Owl Creek Staff
1. Using a racquet with the wrong size grip can cause the player to grip the racquet too tightly, putting excessive stress on the elbow.
2. Hitting the ball "late" on forehand groundstrokes. The contact point should be around six inches in front of your front foot.
3. Griping the racquet incorrectly or hitting "late" on backhand groundstrokes. The contact should be 17 inches out in front of you.
4. Keeping your elbow too far in front of your racquet on volleys (usually on the backhand side.)
5. Not leading with the elbow on serves and overheads. Your elbow should always point in front of the racquet.
|Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation believes all of our diverse citizens have a right to participate in community recreation and we are committed to creating equal access for everyone who may have a challenge or barrier. If you or your child require additional support, we can help. Learn more about our accommodation and inclusion services.
Owl Creek Municipal Tennis Center
Location: 928 S. Birdneck Road, Virginia Beach | Phone: (757) 385-2695
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 9pm | Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 5pm
|We welcome your comments and questions. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation is accredited by CAPRA,
the certifying agency of the National Recreation and Park Association.