|Winter Tennis Registration Underway
Registration for new tennis programs began on January 9. It's cold outside, so sign up for a class in our temperature controlled bubble! We offer daytime and evening classes to meet your schedule. Family tennis and youth classes are available as well.
View our catalogs using the links to the right to see specific offerings and sign up online through EZreg
A proper warm-up can increase the blood flow to the working muscle, which results in decreased muscle stiffness, less risk of injury and improved performance. Modify the warm up below as needed.
1. Jog or jump rope for a few minutes to warm your muscles.
2. Once the muscles are slightly warmed up, stretch the muscle groups involved in tennis: hamstrings, quadriceps (front and back of thighs) and calves. Next, perform upper body stretches.
3. Go on court for a pre-match hitting routine. Start hitting short court shots (service line to service line).
4. Work your way back to the baseline after a few minutes of your short court warm up.
5. Send one player to the net for volleys and overheads while the other remains on the baseline. Switch positions after a few minutes.
6. Practice taking serves.
|Our spring junior tennis classes will not only be changing names, but some of the content as well. The new format will incorporate the USTA's QuickStart program for the younger clinics. This program has been initiated to allow players to develop stronger tennis skills at a younger age. Rallying and overall point play are easier to learn using the age appropriate court size and equipment.
Another change will be the implementation of an Instructional and an Academy Pathway. The Instructional Pathway will consist of age appropriate classes to teach junior players the basics of tennis. The Academy Pathway is designed for those players who have excelled at the instructional level and would like to play some level of competitive tennis such as tournaments. This Academy will allow players of similar age and experience to practice together to refine their tennis skills once they have learned the basics.
These changes should help players develop a stronger tennis background and become better players.