|New Program for Adult Beginners: Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Make the decision to join a sport that provides fantastic exercise and great fun!2.
Reserve your spot in our 3 week course.3.
Sign up with a friend and receive your choice of the following:
- $5 off registration for each of you; or
- one hour on the ball machine ($19.95 value).
- Fridays, Oct 2-16 from 11am to 12 noon
- Sundays, Oct 4-18 from 3:30 to 4:30pm
- Fridays, Oct 23-Nov 6 from 11am to 12 noon
- Sundays, Oct 25-Nov 8 from 3:30 to 4:30pm
This program is open to adults 18 years and up and will introduce new players to the fundamentals of tennis. The cost is $30 per person.
To sign up: Call 385-2695 or stop by Owl Creek Tennis Center.
Pro Tip: Improve Your Return of Serve
- Don't get caught flat footed! Start moving your feet as the server begins their tossing motion.
- As the server makes contact with the ball, use your split step to give you the ability to move in either direction to return the serve.
- Take a short backswing. A bigger swing will leave less time to ready your racquet.
- Step into the swing and utilize your body's forward momentum.
- Jason Mueller, USPTA
Owl Creek Municipal Tennis Center
Location: 928 S. Birdneck Road, Virginia Beach | Phone: (757) 385-2695
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 9pm | Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 5pm
|We welcome your comments and questions. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation is accredited by CAPRA,
the certifying agency of the National Recreation and Park Association.