Natural Cleaning Made Easy
Mold and mildew eradicator:
· Use soap, water and a stiff brush on the surface to be cleaned.
· Follow up with a generous spray or sponge full of undiluted Vinegar.
· Scrub the vinegar in with your brush.
· Allow the surface to dry completely.
· Repeat if necessary.
DID YOU KNOW?!
According to Dirtdoctor.com "Heinz company spokesperson Michael Mullen references numerous studies to show that a straight 5 percent solution of vinegar-such as you can buy in the supermarket-kills 99 percent of bacteria, 82 percent of mold, and 80 percent of germs (viruses). He noted that Heinz can't claim on their packaging that vinegar is a disinfectant since the company has not registered it as a pesticide with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). However, it seems to be common knowledge in the industry that vinegar is powerfully antibacterial. Even the CBS news show 48 Hours had a special last December with Heloise reporting on tests from The Good Housekeeping Institute that showed this."
Thyme Disinfectant Spray:
· Fill a spray bottle with 1/4 water and 3/4 vinegar
· Add 15-20 drops of Thyme essential oil
· Spray hard surfaces like countertops, sinks, toilets, tile, etc.
· Let sit 5-10 minutes
· Wipe to dry
The essential oil of thyme contains thymol, a natural crystalline phenol that has powerful and proven disinfectant properties. It has been proven to kill common germs around the house that cause serious illnesses for humans and pets. Research shows that thymol is at least 18 times as effective as phenol (the most common commercial germicide), but has much lower toxicity.
1 cup sea salt
1 cup baking soda