Organized In Time ~ The family's coming!
The holidays are upon us. If you are you feeling rushed to get organized here are 5 quick tips to help you pull it together before company arrives!
1. Invite a friend to visit while you clean and organize. Having someone there to talk to helps. Even difficult tasks seem more managable, even if they do not lift a finger to help.
2. Commit to small, managable organizing sessions each day. 15 minutes to an hour is time enough to make a big difference if you do it everyday. Schedule your organizing time as an appointment you cannot miss.
3. Work visable space to invisible space. Start with the most visable areas of your home first. Pick the areas you will be spending the most time in. We suggest starting in the entry way and working your way through the living room, kitchen, main bathroom, and guest rooms. Clean the areas you can see first. Do not allow yourself to bog down in details. We suggest using the Someday Sort method (described below).
4. No time for details? Hire a pro! Whether it is cooking a turkey, cleaning the bathroom, detailing the car or organizing the basement, realize when your time (and sanity) is worth more than the cost of out sourcing the task. Ask your professional organizer for a list of referrals in your area.
5. Breathe in gratitude, breathe out stress! Holidays can be about relaxing with family and friends. As much as you would like to do, remember your time is the greatest gift you can give. When you feel stress start to spin you out of control take a moment to breathe in deeply and give thanks for the abundance in your life. Honor your self and those you love for simply being. As you exhale, focus on releasing your stress into the north wind and watch it blow away~~~.