MM&I Header

September 24, 2012 - Have you been baffled into submission regarding a decision or a compromise? What I mean by this is, did you not entirely understand something presented to you, but accepted it anyway because the person presenting it to you had more knowledge or experience and convinced you to proceed in spite of your lack of clarity?  Knowledge is power and knowledge should build your confidence, not confuse you or make you feel less capable or confident in yourself. When it comes to someone else's advice or expertise, which you are counting on to guide you and make better decisions, you have the right to expect to fully understand exactly what you will receive, what the options are and what it truly means as it relates to what you are trying to achieve.

Take an MM&I Moment to list any and all questions you still have in spite of initially accepting what was presented. Note what makes you uneasy or less confident in yourself as a result of the exchange. Trusting someone's expertise, knowledge or experience certainly is necessary in areas where you lack training, knowledge, or experience. However, trust is earned through mutual respect and understanding. If you are being expected to blindly trust, then you may be agreeing to decisions that won't serve you well in the future.


Synergized Quote of the Week 

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough" - Frank Crane


Savvy Secret Tip of the Week

Do you have a network of influence when it comes to your business and offerings?  For growth companies, building a solid referral network goes beyond customer referrals and extends to establishing and earning referrals from a wide network of influencers and endorsers. By building a strong network and then reciprocating in referrals and influence to their benefit as well, your probability of prospects converting  to buying customer can increase from a mere 5% chance to an impressive 95% chance of conversion when they are receiving multiple referrals from a variety of places. To learn more, read Secrets #22 (Beyond Customers), #23 (Coopetion), and #25 (Circles of Influence) in my book, 50 Marketing Secrets. To order the book, CLICK HERE!


ARE YOU PROPERLY PROTECTING YOUR UNIQUENESS?  Differentiation is critical to becoming preferred in business, but if you aren't taking the proper steps to protect what makes you unique, then you could find competitors quickly adapting and leveraging against you. To find out options for protecting your uniqueness, read my September BizGrowth 5.0 column in Business Today by CLICKING HERE.

LEARN HOW TO UNCOVER HIDDEN PROFITABILITY IN YOUR BUSINESS OCT 11TH: I will be back in Lincolnton presenting "Profit Mining: Uncovering Hidden Profitability in Your Business" at the Gaston College Lincolnton Campus co-hosted by the college's Small Business Center and Lincolnton-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $15. Time is 2 - 5 p.m. To register, CLICK HERE of for more information, contact Shirley Smith at 704.735.3096.


DID YOU MISS MY INTERVIEW ON "UNCOMMON GIVING" SEPT. 21ST: I was a featured guest on the Uncommon Giving Radio Show on the Rock the World Network along with Steve Canton of iCore Networks and Greg Rankich of Xtreme Consulting, where the topic is "The Link Between Giving and Profitability."  Xtreme Consulting and iCore were featured in my book, 50 Marketing Secrets, because of their "Giving DNA" while still realizing triple digit growth and being named among Inc.'s 500. CLICK HERE to download and listen.


WANT TO LISTEN TO MY "EGG LIVE!" INTERVIEW FROM SEPT. 21ST: I was a featured guest on Solutionz Media's EGG Live! broadcast where I shared the principles of  my book, "Me, Myself & Inc.: A Synergized World, An Energized Business, Living Your Ultimate Life." EGG stands for Executive Girlfriends' Group, a virtual community of Executive-level women professionals from around the country. My book is also being featured as a Must-Read pick for the Executive Girlfriends' Book Club. CLICK HERE for the special Book Club pricing through Amazon.


DO YOU HAVE A TAPESTRY OF FRIENDS?  Among the things that make living a treasured experience are our many friendships we enjoy throughout our lives. I celebrate friendships my column in the September issue of Sophie Woman's Magazine now out on stands. CLICK HERE to read it online. Go to page 27. 


CRISP PRINCIPLE® BRANDING INSIGHTS: Is your company effectively leveraging both the marketing and operational aspects of branding essential to building true value in your company? CLICK HERE to download this Operational Branding Checklist (PDF) to see what you are and are not doing. Need help branding or taking your current brand to the next level? Give me a call at 704.483.2941 to arrange a consultation. 


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: You can now follow me, Chief Marketeer, on Twitter at Or follow my books at and


DID YOU ENJOY AND FIND VALUE IN TODAY'S INSIGHT? Feel free to forward to others and encourage them to sign up by going to


Yours in synergistic thinking,




Author, Strategist & Chief Marketeer

SLD Unlimited Marketing/PR, Inc.



© 2009-2012 Sherre' DeMao / Me, Myself & Inc. You are welcome to forward or share Monday Motivation & Insights with others as long as you keep this copyright statement and the message in its entirety intact.

This communication is being sent to you because you are an established contact of Sherre' DeMao, GreenCastle Publishing, SLD Unlimited Marketing/PR, Inc. OR someone felt this would be of value to you. If you would prefer to ONLY receive the Monday Motivation & Insight and no other promotional communications, please alert us by putting MM&I ONLY in the subject line to If you would like to discontinue receiving all communications including Monday Motivation & Insights from SLD Unlimited, let us know by emailing and putting REMOVE in the subject line. We are dedicated to ensuring only information of value and relevance is shared and disseminated. We respect your wishes to manage your communications flow.