Please note that this issue of SLV has all the important links for the 2011 Convention in Jacksonville, Fla.
Also, please see the important message from the Recognition and Awards Committee. As volunteers, you know how hard you work for the organization you love. Consider nominating a fellow hard-working volunteer for one of our service awards.
Your Friends at U.S. Masters Swimming
Swimming for Life!
|Important Delegate List Reminder|
| LMSC Chairs: Please submit the names and contact information for your delegates ASAP to CJ Rushman. All persons attending or presenting at any meeting at convention MUST be registered for convention. Please use the delegate registration form. For those LMSCs with five or more delegates, you can opt to fill out the group registration form (pay with one check).|
Early Bird Fee:
Chairs of Finance, Legislation, Long Distance & Rules Committee: Please contact your committee members and report to CJ Rushman if there are any members from your committee who will not be attending convention.
- Postmarked by August 22, 2011 - $ 160.00
- Postmarked on August 23 or later - $ 190.00
Hotel Reservations: Hotel information can be found on the USAS website
. You are responsible for making your hotel reservations
directly with the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront or by calling Hyatt Worldwide reservations at 800-233-1234. To obtain the group rate, mention United States Aquatic Sports. The cut-off date is August 15.
- Transportation: The Jacksonville International Airport is located approximately 15 miles from the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. For more information contact 904-741-4902 or visit www.jia.aero
- Shuttle: Shuttle services from the airport to the hotel are provided by Go Shuttle, Checker Cab and Gator Taxi. No additional information is available at this time but will be included in the USMS pre-convention packet that will be sent via email to you in August.
- Driving Directions: for those of you driving directions can be obtained by typing the following address into MapQuest or Google: Hyatt Regency Jacksonville, 225 Coastline Drive East, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Parking: Valet parking is available at $20 per day or self park at $15 per day.
- Certification Table: The certification table will be open on Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (vendor area), Thursday 7-7:45 a.m. (vendor area), Thursday 9:15-9:45 a.m. (House of Delegates Room), Thursday afternoon through Saturday (come find Debbie Cavanaugh).
- Food: Hotel - Einstein's Bagels, Jaxx Sports Bar and Trellises Restaurant. The Jacksonville Landing - a five- minute walk from the hotel where you will find the following dining & entertaining establishments: American Café, Benny's Steak & Seafood, Chicago Pizza and Sports Grille, Cinco de Mayo, Hooters, Koja Sushi, Maverick's Rock n Honky Tonk, The Twisted Martini, Village Bread Café, Vito's Italian Café. In addition, the Jacksonville Landing also offers a food court, galleries and specialty stores in addition to live entertainment on the riverfront stage every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Throughout the year, various USMS committees may hold formal meetings to attend to the needs of the organization. Wherever possible, meeting minutes
are made available at usms.org
. Note that some meeting topics are confidential in nature and minutes will not be posted for these portions of meetings.
|STREAMLINES Newsletter Issues|
| We now have all back issues of STREAMLINES, STREAMLINES for Coaches and STREAMLINES for Volunteers available for viewing on usms.org |
|2012 Rulebook Artwork Submissions|
| The Rule Book cover is printed in full color, 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches and in a mini version that is 8 ˝ x 4 inches. The artwork should be slightly larger for the bleeds.|
The requirements are that the artwork contain the U.S. Masters Swimming logo and lettering and "2012 Rule Book." You can download the logo in several different formats.
Any standard electronic format will be accepted. U.S. Masters Swimming may ask that it is sent in an alternative format if unable to view.
Please email the electronic artwork by September 1, 2011 to Susan Ehringer. A hardcopy of the artwork will be printed in 8-1/2 x 11 for viewing and taken to Convention to allow members at Convention to vote on their favorite cover. If you wish to send the hardcopy artwork, it must be postmarked by September 1, 2011 and sent to: Susan Ehringer, 4210 N. Church Way #2, Louisville, Ky. 40207.
|Volunteer Recognition and Awards|
|Those of us who participate in USMS are aware that volunteers within our organization can contribute at every level--from the national stage to the local swim club. Recognition of volunteers can often be a key to their coming back for more. Whether it is a thank-you note for a job well done at a swim meet or a plaque honoring an LMSC officer for years of service, proper recognition of efforts made by volunteers is very important.|
USMS National Awards are presented at USMS's annual convention, which will take place in Jacksonville, Fla. in September.
The National Awards are:
Please go to the USMS Awards page for details, deadlines, and nomination forms.
- USMS Coach of the Year Award
- USMS Dorothy Donnelly Service Award
- USMS Kerry O'Brien Coaching Award
- USMS Club of the Year Award
- USMS June Krauser Communications Award
- USMS Fitness Award
- USMS National Championship Meets Award
|About STREAMLINES for Volunteers|
U.S. Masters Swimming encourages all USMS volunteers to subscribe to STREAMLINES for Volunteers, however if you would rather not receive this update, please do not click the unsubscribe button, as that will remove you from all other U.S. Masters Swimming National Office mailings. Rather, please click on the "Update Profile/Email Address" link at the bottom of this email. Here you can select to discontinue your STREAMLINES for Volunteers service or sign up for the monthly coaches' newsletter, STREAMLINES for Coaches, and/or the monthly member newsletter STREAMLINES.
About U.S. Masters Swimming|
U.S. Masters Swimming, founded in 1970, is
a membership-operated national governing body that promotes adult
health, fitness, wellness and competition through aquatics. It does so
by partnering with more than 1,000 adult swim programs across the
country; promoting information via the bi-monthly member magazine, SWIMMER, monthly e-newsletter, STREAMLINES, and usms.org;
and by sanctioning and promoting pool, open water and virtual
competitions. More than 50,000 adults are registered members of U.S.