Dreaming About Rubber Stamps
12 Weeks of Christmas
~ Week 1 ~
Welcome to my 12 Weeks of Christmas. I hope you enjoy these weeks of holiday inspiration, my gift to you. Each week I will feature a different card, gift, tag or decoration idea and list all the supplies with instructions to create it. You can alter the project to accomodate the supplies you have on hand or order anything you may need from me to complete your projects. These ideas will be delivered right to your inbox.
The first few weeks will contain ideas for you to get started on your Christmas cards.
Please contact me
to place an order or with any questions.
Have fun and enjoy all the wonderful projects!
Week 1 - Christmas Collage Card
Can you believe it is time to get ready for Christmas already?
|If you are planning to make your Christmas cards this year, then you will want to start creating them soon. To help inspire you, I wanted to share this soft and pretty card made with the Christmas Collage background stamp from page 20 of Stampin' Up!'s new Holiday Mini catalogue.
|This stamp makes a great background, of course, but it is so pretty I decided to make it the foreground in this card. I used the Emboss Resist Technique to get the lovely blend of colors. |
Here are the directions for the card:
STAMP: Christmas Collage (121279)
CARD STOCK: Naturals Ivory (101849), Cherry Cobbler (119685), Very Vanilla (101650)
INK: Versamark (102283), Cherry Cobbler (119788), Always Artichoke (105177), Old Olive (100531)
ACCESSORIES: Embossing Buddy (103083), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Heat Tool (100005), Sponge Daubers (102892) or Stamping Sponges (101610), Victoria Crochet Trim (118481), Vintage Trinkets (118764), Mini Vintage Tags (118763)
1. Cut card stock: Naturals Ivory (you can use Very Vanilla if you prefer) 5 ½" x 8 ½", fold in half to create 4 ¼" x 5 ½" base, Cherry Cobbler 4" x 5 ¼", Very Vanilla 4 ¼" x 5 ½"
2. Rub Embossing Buddy over the piece of Very Vanilla. Stamp in Versamark with the section of the Christmas Collage stamp you want to use. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder and melt with Heat Tool. Trim piece to 3 ¾" x 4 ½". I waited to trim to the final size so I would be sure to get the part of the image I wanted.
3. Sponge color on the image, using the 3 colors to create a pleasant pattern. When finished with the color, wipe the piece with a Kleenex or napkin to remove ink from the embossed image.
4. Adhere the image piece to the Cherry Cobbler mat, with the left margin at 1/8" and the right margin at 5/8" (just enough room for the Crochet Trim).
5. Cut a 17" piece of Victoria Crochet Trim. Tie around the Cherry Cobbler cardstock and make a bow. Use Mini Glue Dots or Sticky Strip to adhere trim to card stock.
6. With Cherry Cobbler ink, stamp a small design on a Mini Vintage Tag. I used an image from Tiny Tags. Remove the thread from the tag and attach to the Crochet Trim bow with a Vintage Trinkets safety pin.
|This card is simple to make but gets a lot of WOW compliments. I hope you will give it a try!
If you'd like to make this project yourself, but require some of the materials listed above to do so, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Phone - 780.472.8200
1.866.472.8207 Toll Free