It only happens every several years, but Intuit has changed the look and feel of QuickBooks for 2013. The user-interface is only one of a vast number of improvements in QuickBooks 2013. Here is a glimpse into a few of them:
- Simplified and improved nagivation: Bigger fonts and updated color scheme improves readability and helps you focus on your task at hand. New customizable left toolbar provides easy access to open windows and most common tasks, such as new customizable account balances and favorite reports.
- Simplified layout for Invoices, Estimates, Sales Orders, and other forms: Provides easier access to actions that were previously hidden or required several clicks. New tab ribbon format provides consistent placement of actions, helping make it faster and easier to accomplish key tasks.
- Updated Customer, Vendor, and Employee centers: Expanded contact information fields are now more customizable, allowing up to 8 (yes eight!!!) contact fields and multiple notes (yes!!!) per contact. New tab functionality enables to view transactions, contacts, to-do's and notes on the same page (yes again!!!)
- Many more improvements users have been asking for:
- Option to display totals of Invoices on final page only
- Copy and paste in Search field
- Add up to 20 Invoices in one email
- "Save as PDF" button in reports and centers
- Enter client transactions in batch on a screen designed for power data entry or paste 1000+ transactions from
Excel and save all at once; easily add or delete columns to show only the fields you need - saving you keystrokes; customize data entry screens for checks, deposits, or credit card charges.
- Email journal entries: Send entries from QuickBooks so clients can import with just a click -- no PDFs or printouts needed; clients simply click to import the entries automatically from an email attachment.
Exclusive to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions...
- Auto POs: Stock status reports show you which items you need to reorder. Simply add your quantities, then click to auto-create all your purchase orders in one step.
- Default Classes: Save time and help improve accuracy by assigning default classes to Accounts, Items, or Names. When filling out transactions, QuickBooks automatically assigns the default Class, and you can change it at any time.
- Improved List Limits: QuickBooks Enterprise now allows more Accounts, Classes, components in Group Items, and Inventory Sites, among others.
And new inventory features in Advanced Inventory for QuickBooks Enterprise...
- Bin Location Tracking: Track specific inventory items down to the bin location level within one or more warehouses. When filling out forms, automatically see quantities and serial or lot numbers for each bin. Sort pick lists and item receipts by location for efficient picking and stocking.
- Barcode Scanning: Increase efficiency and reliability for all inventory data entry by scanning items and serial numbers without touching a keyboard -- QuickBooks automatically puts the information into the right field. If you don't have barcodes, QuickBooks will create them for you. Integrates with any simple USB barcode scanner (sold separately).
This year brings more than major upgrades... it brings a lot of new functionality to QuickBooks!