QuickBooks Learning Center
You don't have to go far to find a helpful resource to learn more about the funtionality of QuickBooks. This fantastic resource is called the "QuickBooks Learning Center."
The learning center is full of short video tutorials that gives step-by-step instructions on a wide variety of topics. The user can choose topics such as Overview and Setup, Customers and Sales, Vendors and Expenses, Inventory, Payrol and more.
To access the learning center, click Help > Learning Cener Tutorials.
| Save on the new QuickBooks Enterprise 11.0|
--including multi-location inventory and advanced reporting!
The lowest price anywhere... and
FREE training & consulting!
Call for more information:
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
-Coach John Wooden
Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit.
-Coach Bear Bryant
An acre of performance is worth a whole world of promise.
-Coach Red Auerbach
Back to top
Atria Professional Center
18501 Pines Blvd Ste 204
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
The Centers of Westshore
550 N Reo Street Ste 300
Tampa, FL 33609
About MENDELSON CONSULTING...
Founded in 1992, Mendelson Consulting specializes in QuickBooks Solutions and Information Technology consulting services. In 2008, Mendelson Consulting was recognized with two prestigious distinctions awarded by Accounting Technology magazine: 'Killer VAR', acknowledging our commitment and character as a value-added-reselling (VAR) organization, and 'Technology Pacesetter', recognizing our reputation among peers and participation on advisory boards and speaker panels at industry events. In 2009, we were recognized as part of Bob Scott's Insights 'VAR Stars' for our accomplishments in mid-market financial software.
We were the first charter member of the Intuit Solutions Provider Program. Mario Nowogrodzki currently serves on the Intuit Solutions Provider Program Advisory Council--the only consultant in the nation to serve since program inception, for three consecutive terms.
VISIT OUR BOOTH!
FICPA Annual Accounting Show
Broward Convention Center -- Sept 29 - Oct 1
We will be giving away lots of valuable prizes, including full versions of QuickBooks software!
Notes from the Field... International Style|
MARIO NOWOGRODZKI, CPA/CITP
Founder and Principal
This month marks one year since the launch of our newsletter! I hope it has been as interesting for you as it has been for us to put together. As you have seen, I not only embrace technology but also enjoy discussing it and imparting applicable knowledge. That has been the premise for this column. We convey a lot of technology best practices and, as America's QuickBooks Specialists, we also share a lot of information on QuickBooks, including a tips and tricks column on every issue.
The term "America's QuickBooks Specialists" is now more relevant than ever. I wrote this column from the island of Curaçao in the Netherlands Antilles, where I headlined the first international QuickBooks conference. The first day back in the office after my return, I connected with one of our clients in Bermuda, to kick off a QuickBooks integration project. I conducted a web conference between the software vendor in Seattle and our client. This is one of Bermuda's oldest and largest businesses, dating back to 1897, with eleven locations, accounting for 25% of the country's retail sales. We implemented QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions for them in 2009 and the company is now ready for the next phase--integrating accounting with a customized retail management system.
The second day back from my trip, I spent delivering a day-long QuickBooks training class for another of our clients. This was also conducted via web conferencing / screen sharing technology, as I taught eighteen members of the entity's staff, all gathered in a large conference room in our client's office in Bolivia; in attendance were participants from eleven countries. The same day-long activity was repeated two days later, for the conclusion of the QuickBooks training program, customized to this entity's needs.
From America's QuickBooks Specialists, thanks for making our newsletter's first year a success... and greetings from Curaçao!
|What's New in QuickBooks 2011
While I was in Curaçao with Intuit representatives from the Solution Provider program, the company announced the upcoming release of the next version of the QuickBooks program family.
Many consider QuickBooks 2011 / Enterprise 11.0 to be a major program release, providing many new features:
- Customer Snapshot offers a consolidated view of a customer's purchase history, average days to pay, and outstanding balance
- QuickBooks Search lets users quickly locate any customer, account, report or invoice details within their QuickBooks repository with a simple keyword search
- Customer and Vendor History provide at-a-glance views of important customer and vendor details, such as history, estimates and past orders, on a single screen
- Balance Sheet by Class provides a way to separately track multiple funds, departments or locations in a single report
- Batch Invoicing lets businesses who bill many customers for the same service streamline the process by creating one template invoice to send to all related customers
- Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail Integration allows users to easily send invoices, estimates, and other e-mails from their preferred webmail service directly from QuickBooks
- Collections Center helps to quickly identify overdue and almost-due invoices, and then directly e-mail collection notices from Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail
Offered as an add-on service, QuickBooks Connect provides remote workers access to essential QuickBooks data anywhere, from the airplane to the jobsite. Users can create and manage invoices, pull customer information, check the status of a payment, and get real-time answers to questions on the go. Secure data automatically syncs with QuickBooks, so you will always have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips.
QuickBooks 2011 features new functionality to help accountants be more productive and work more efficiently with clients:
- Multi-Instance (also included in Enterprise Solutions), allowing users to work in two different company files at the same time
- File Manager, enabling to manage client QuickBooks files by version year, edition, and location, or group them by common characteristics set by the accountant; a built-in password vault stores user names and passwords in one place; it also automates the process of batch upgrading QuickBooks files
For mid-sized companies, the latest version of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions introduces:
- Advanced Inventory enables users to track the quantity and value of inventory in multiple locations
- Advanced Custom Reporting enables users to create custom reports using ODBC-compliant applications with a new way to directly access the QuickBooks database for maximum flexibility in report design
This next version of the QuickBooks product family becomes available to the public on September 27th. I welcome your consultation to explore how QuickBooks 2011 / Enterprise 11.0 is right for you!
September: National Preparedness Month
When you consider what supplies you would need for 3 days after a natural disaster, first consider what emergencies are most likely to occur in your area. Prepare accordingly.
A "supply kit" sounds like something you could carry, but it isn't. When you consider a 3-day supply of water and food per person (and pet), plus clothes, shoes, a sleeping bag or blanket for each one, plastic sheeting and duct tape, it's hardly moveable.
If the emergency is a flood, the attic or second floor could be a good storage area. If you are more likely to be trapped by a blizzard, tornado, or earthquake, a part of the garage or basement would be better.
That is especially true since the government recommends including garbage bags, toilet paper, hand tools, a bottle of bleach, moist towelettes, a first aid kit, disposable plates, cups and dinnerware, and a fire extinguisher.
Copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records should be kept in a separate waterproof container.
Some emergency items don't take as much room. They include:
- A flashlight, battery-operated radio and cell phone with extra batteries, and matches in a waterproof container.
- A 3-day supply of medications, plus traveler's checks, cash and change, pencil and paper, and a dust mask.
- Personal hygiene items and feminine supplies.
- If you have a baby, don't forget the disposable diapers. If you have children, include books, games and puzzles.
Getting ready for an emergency or disaster sounds like a lot of work. But if one occurs, you'll be glad you put your time and money into the project.
By the way, if a forest fire heads your way, all you wil need is a little cash, the ID container, medicine and some gas in your car. Get going.