The Davidson Center has a new website
We've modified our website for easier use. The home page content is now divided into three sections:
Good diagnosis leads to effective treatment
Instructional & Tutorial Center
K - 12 Learning Services
College Planning & Test Prep Center
Comprehensive planning for a bright future
New Features:Programs -- this tab at the top navigation bar shows the classes, workshops and sessions we offer in a easy-to-read calendar format.
About Us -- click on "Our Staff" in the drop down box and read about the 18 professionals who work at The Davidson Center -- all ready to serve you and the needs of your child.
Maintain and Gain This Summer with
Beginner Chess Camp
9 am - 12 noon
June 11 - 15
Campers will learn the basics of chess in a fun-filled environment designed to improve their skills. Taught by a former Davidson College championship team member.
Intermediate Chess Camp
9 am - 12 noon
June 18 - 22
Campers will play chess to improve their skills whether they are interested in casual or competitive chess. Taught by a former NC Open Junior State chess champion.
We have a variety of enrichment opportunities this summer. Click here to see more or call our office (704) 892-4533
ACT & SAT Boot Camps Are Going Fast - Sign Up Now!
Are you looking for a place to start SAT* or ACT* preparation or do you need a refresher before taking the test again? Boot Camps will help you:
- No more than 10 students per class
- Taught by expert teachers
- Includes our Student Manual
- Learn about the format of the SAT or ACT
- Improve time management during the test
- Adopt strategies to improve in each section
- Practice on real SAT or ACT questions
- Class is 5 hours of instruction
- Offered on Saturdays or two weeknights
SAT Boot Camp Dates:
Sat, May 26, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Wed, May 22 & Thur, May 23
5:00 - 7:30 pm
ACT Boot Camp Dates:
Sat, June 2, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tues - May 29 & June 5
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Call The Davidson Center to reserve the session that fits your schedule best. (704) 892-4533
Workshop For Seniors: Surviving Your Freshman Year In College
Tuesday, May 22 @ 7:00 pm
Attention: College-bound Seniors (and Parents)
You got into college. Congratulations!
- Are you ready to be a college student?
- Do you have questions about moving away?
- Do you wonder what college will really be like?
- Do you wonder what conversations you should have over these next few months?
- Do you know why half of all students who start college never graduate?
Statistics show that one in three of you will never become a sophomore at the college you're so excited about right now. Let's beat those odds.
This workshop is not about getting into college. It's about staying there and making the most of it. Shower shoes, "the fifth wall," the freshman fifteen, various illegal substances...oh yeah, we're going there.
Learn how to pack what you really need for college. And no, you can't find it at Target.
Join us on Tuesday, May 22 @ 7:00 pm at The Davidson Center Bring your questions!
$45 per family (no charge for package students) Space is limited. Click here to register (through the Davidson Parks & Recreation department) or call our office (704) 892-4533
College Planning Summer Class:
For Rising 11th and 12th Graders
July 23 - 26
The College Planning Summer Class is perfect for students who would like to get personal guidance during this important process. It is a good idea for students who have special talents and interests, want specific help paying for college, feel uncertain about life beyond high school, tend to procrastinate, or need help keeping all the pieces of the application process organized.
- College research guidance, college list, application essays, career inventories, financial aid/scholarship assistance, and more!
- Open to rising juniors and seniors
- Up to eight students per group
- One individual follow-up session included
Space is limited, so register today!
Monday, July 23 - Thursday, July 26
5:30 - 8:30 pm
SAT Readiness Analysis:
Saturday, May 26
|Take a SAT test (at The Davidson Center) under actual test conditions. Upon completion of the test, students can schedule a detailed analysis meeting to review their score report and get recommendations on SAT prep needs. |
Pre-registration is required.
Saturday, May 26 Click here to register through The Town of Davidson website.
Latest Diagnostic Center News
Summer is the time to assess or reassess your child's progress. If your child struggled with EOG's we encourage an academic evaluation to determine age and grade levels in reading, math and writing. Targeted and customized follow-up instruction by our professionals prepares your student for a more successful school year.
Study Skills assessments for middle and high school students can identify those strengths and barriers to optimal performance. Doing well in school takes specific skills, motivation and self-regulation.
The effective student is:
- able to remember information, draw conclusions and make inferences; select main ideas and knows how to study effectively for a test;
- has the attitude and motivation to work hard, maintain interest, and manage anxiety;
- is able to concentrate, manage time, review information and create outlines and summaries.
Following assessment, we offer multiple options to help your child become a more successful student.
Call our office to set up an appointment: (704) 892-4533
Let's get started!
To set up an appointment please call our toll-free line