Mac's List newsletter offers weekly updates on job openings, networking events and resources for professionals in communications, public affairs and other exciting fields in the Portland metro area and Oregon at large.
|Jobs (newest to oldest)|
|1) Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon (Portland or Eugene) is hiring an Executive Director. Salary: $60,000-$80,000 plus comprehensive health benefits and paid vacation.
2) Artists Repertory Theatre (Portland) is hiring an Outreach Coordinator. Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience).
3) James F. and Marion L. Miller Foundation (Portland) is hiring a Program Officer. Salary: $50,000 - $75,000.
4) The Nature Conservancy (Portland) is hiring an AmeriCorps - Marketing Specialist. Salary: Monthly living stipend and education award.
5) Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest (Portland) is hiring an Executive Director/CEO. Salary: DOE.
6) The Climate Trust (Portland (with possible re-location to Seattle or San Francisco after one year)) is hiring a Business Development Manager. Salary: DOE.
7) Third Rail Repertory Theatre (Portland) is hiring a Managing Director. Salary: $40,000 including health, vacation, and sick leave.
8) OregonLive.com (Portland) is hiring a Media Sales Executive. Salary: salaried plus commision.
9) The Nature Conservancy (Portland) is hiring a State Government Relations Director. Salary: DOE.
10) University of Oregon (Eugene) is hiring a Stewardship Program Manager(s), Office of Stewardship (two positions). Salary: $35,000 - $45,000.
11) Prichard Communications (Portland) is hiring a Digital Accounts Manager - Reclaiming Futures. Salary: $45,000 to $65,000. This is a full-time position. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) contribution, two-weeks vacation and sick leave. .
12) Business for Culture & the Arts (Portland) is hiring an Executive Director. Salary: $68,000 plus full benefits.
13) Community Vision, Inc. (Portland) is hiring a Development Director. Salary: $38,000 - $48,000 DOE.
14) Portland Children's Museum (Portland) is hiring a Grants Manager. Salary: DOE.
15) Oregon Dairy Products Commission (Portland) is hiring a Nutrition Affairs Coordinator. Salary: Starting pay range: $16.90 - $18.00 per hour.
16) Drive Oregon (Portland) is hiring an Executive Director. Salary: DOE.
17) Portland Public Schools (Portland) is hiring a Senior Manager, Office of the Board of Education. Salary: $70,805 to $85,320.
18) Community Planning Workshop, part of the Community Service Center (Eugene) is hiring a Project Coordinator. Starting salary range of $38,500-$50,000 commensurate with experience.
19) New Avenues for Youth (Portland) is hiring a Part-Time Communications Coordinator. Salary: DOE.
20) New Avenues for Youth (Portland) is hiring a Special Events & Community Engagement Manager. Salary: DOE.
21) Healthy Democracy Fund (Portland/Eugene) is hiring a Development Associate (part-time). Salary: Starting at $18 - $23/hr DOE. This is a half-time position. HDF also provides a generous PTO, Holiday, and Flex-Time policies.
22) Sustainable Valley Technology Group (Medford, OR) is hiring an Executive Director. Salary: $60,000-$70,000+ DOE.
23) The Freshwater Trust (Portland) is hiring a Senior Director, Development & Communications. Salary: Starting range: $75,000-$85,000.
24) Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (Portland) is hiring an Administrative Assistant - Development. Salary: $12.89 - $15.79 per hour.
25) Oregon League of Conservation Voters (Portland) is hiring an Executive Director. Salary: DOE.
26) CODA, Inc. (Tigard/Clackamas/Gresham) is hiring a Program Supervisor. Salary: DOE.
27) Metro Regional Government and the Lone Fir Cemetery Foundation (Portland) is hiring a Lone Fir Pioneer Cemetery: Community Development and Fundraising Services.
28) OHSU Foundation (Portland) is hiring an Accounting Technician- Accounts Receivable and Events. Salary: DOE.
29) Oregon Wild (Portland) is hiring a Development Assistant (part time). Salary: 20 hours per week (starting hourly scale $12.00 - $14.40).
30) The Intertwine Alliance (Portland) is hiring a Program Coordinator. Salary: $30,000 - $34,000.
31) Office of Mayor Sam Adams (Portland) is hiring an Economic Development Policy Adviser. Salary: DOE up to $55,000.
32) Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation (Portland) is hiring an Administrative Assistant. Salary: DOE.
33) VEDA (Vestibular Disorders Association) (Portland) is hiring an Executive Director. Salary: $75,000 to $80,000 DOE.
34) Salem Health (Salem, OR) is hiring a Multimedia Journalist and Media Relations Coordinator. Salary: $62,504 - $89,336.
35) Dotster, Inc. (Vancouver, WA) is hiring a Social Media Coordinator. Salary: Base + Bonus Potential.
36) Pioneer Courthouse Square, Inc. (Portland) is hiring an Event Production Manager. Salary: DOE.
37) Healthy Democracy Fund (Portland or Eugene) is hiring a Development Director. Salary: $44K - $62K DOE.
38) Oregon Medical Association (Portland) is hiring a Health Policy Specialist. Salary: Mid to upper $50K/year.
2) Martha Schrader for Clackamas County Commission
(Oregon City) is seeking a Finance Intern
3) Portland Center Stage
(Portland) is seeking a PCS Development Intern
. There are no internship stipends offered at PCS, however, interns will enjoy the same complimentary ticket policy and invitations to events as PCS staff.
4) Planned Parenthoood Advocates of Oregon
(Portland and Eugene) is seeking a Grassroots Field Intern
Want to share news about a volunteer opportunity on Mac's List? A listing costs only $25 for 30 days and goes to the more than 6,000 readers of our newsletter. Click here to post your volunteer job.
Research has shown that the practice of forgiveness can lead to positive physiological consequences, increased hope, and greater effectiveness, as well as reduced stress and anger. The workshop provides practical tools to heal yourself, improve relationships and live life fully.
Saturday, Oct. 15
@ 2941 NE Ainsworth St., Portland, OR 97211
Cost: $85 until October 7; $95 after October 7. Register now.
Idealist Grad Fairs are for undergrads, professionals, and anyone thinking of going to grad school to further their social-impact career. Join us and learn about 50 different graduate schools with degrees such as social work, public health, public administration, international affairs, information science, and more.
Monday, Oct. 17
@ University Place Hotel and Conference Center, Columbia Falls Ballroom, 2nd Floor - 310 SW Lincoln Street, Portland, Oregon, 97201
In this interactive session, we'll explore the role that content plays in optimizing and improving your Web presence, and share tips and best practices from three different perspectives: Getting Them There,
Tuesday, Oct. 18
@ Formic Media, Inc.
300 NE Failing St. Portland, OR 97212
Telling Your Story and Making Your Message Media-Worthy.
Cost: Complimentary (with book donation) - $15. More info.
Social Media has become a very important piece of the Internet Marketing puzzle. In this six-hour class, Colleen Wright of Search Engine Academy Northwest will walk you through some critical components needed to create a successful Social Media campaign for your business.
Thursday, Nov. 3
@ Ambridge Event Center
1333 NE MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland, OR 97232
Cost: $199.00 on and before October 26; $249.00 after. More info.
Want to share news about a fundraiser, public meeting, or event sponsored by your organization or agency? An event announcement on Mac's List costs only $25 for 30 days and goes to the more than 6,000 readers of our newsletter. Click here to post your event.
|Stats for Week Ending 10/3/2011|
# Total newsletter subscribers 8,433
# New subscribers this week 53
# Job views through newsletter 3,541
Newsletter open rate 43.9%
Twitter followers 1462
New Twitter followers this week 23
Facebook Fans 1139
New Facebook fans this week 13 .................................................................................................