Mac's List, edited by Lori Howell, offers
weekly updates on job openings, networking events and job-hunting resources for
professionals in communications, public affairs and other fields in Oregon non-profits,
public agencies and politics.
It is published by Prichard Communications
every Tuesday afternoon by 3 p.m. PDT and distributed to more than 5,000 well
educated, experienced and wired readers who work across all economic sectors.
Read more about them in our survey results at Mac's List online.
Don't want to wait until Tuesday to see the latest job listings? Follow Mac's List on Twitter and
where social media editor, Jennie Day-Burget, posts job openings and job search tips.
Check out Mac's List online to subscribe, unsubscribe or
update your contact info.
While the newsletter will always be a free service to
subscribers, beginning with the October 19th edition of Mac's List, we will
charge employers to post job announcements. A fee schedule for these, along
with fees for volunteer, internship and event postings, can be found on Mac's List online.
8) Oregon Partnership is hiring a creative lead for graphic design and the Web
in Portland. Annual salary is $38,000 - $42,000
. Position closes October 11.
9) Oregon Mediation Association is hiring an event planner in Portland.
10) Loaves & Fishes Centers is hiring a director of finance & administration in Portland.
Position is open until filled.
11) Clatsop Community College is hiring a director of college advancement in Astoria. Annual salary is $64,781. Apply by October 22.
12) Cascade AIDS Project is hiring a special events coordinator in Portland. Annual salary is $30,374 - $37,526 at .8 FTE. Position is open until filled.
13) Educational Opportunities for Childlren and Families is hiring a budget analyst in Vancouver. Annual salary is $42,000. Position is open until filled.
14) YOLO Colorhouse is hiring a vice president of sales in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
15) Future PAC, Oregon House Democrats, is hiring a democratic neighborhood canvasser in Portland. Hourly salary is $10. Apply by October 20. Call Justin at 503-239-8626 or email email@example.com
16) Loaves & Fishes Centers is hiring a sales & account manager in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
17) Educational Policy Improvement Center
(EPIC) is hiring for two positions in Eugene or Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Positions are open until filled.18) Ocean Conservancy is hiring a director of strategic communications and marketing in Washington DC. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
19) Regence is hiring an internal communications Web content specialist in Portland and Seattle. Search job #18404. Apply by October 13.
20) EnviroMedia Social Marketing, Inc. is hiring an account supervisor in Portland. Annual salary is commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.
21) Oregon League of Conservation Voters is hiring a paid canvass director in Portland.
22) The Neighborhood Economic Development Council (NEDCO)
is hiring an office manager in Springfield.
Annual salary is $27,000 - $35,000.18) PeaceHealth Oregon Region is hiring a communications specialist in Eugene. Hourly salary is $22.43 - $31.40. Position is open until filled.
19) Oregon Center for Public Policy is hiring a policy analyst in Silverton. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
20) Oregon College of Oriental Medicine is hiring a development officer
in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
is hiring a team lead
. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
22) Portland Public Schools is hiring a security services-emergency response coordinator.
Annual salary is $50,592 - $62,745. Position is open until filled.
|1) Easter Seals Oregon is seeking a grant writing and money managment program assistant in Portland. Position closes December 31. Contact Carol Cookson at
12) The Bus Project
is hiring a youth vote outreach intern in Portland. Position is unpaid. Send cover letter, resume and references to Vote Program Director Lynn Paige Moracco at firstname.lastname@example.org
|1) Art Institute of Portland Career FairOctober 1311:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.Art Institute of Portland1122 NW Davis StreetPortlandContact Reni Fox to RSVP at email@example.com or 503-382-48202) My Voice Music 2nd AnniversaryOctober 237 - 11 p.m.Art Department 1315 SE 9th AvenuePortland$10-$203) Nonprofit Executive Directors Network: Effective Leadership in the "New Normal"
7:30 to 9:30 a.m.Ecotrust Conference Center, 721 NW 9th AvenuePortland$254) "ARTability" program by Easter Seals OregonOctober 12 5 - 7 p.m.Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-228-51085) The Upriver Adventure Party Celebrating Astoria BicentennialOctober 174 - 7 p.m.Portland Yacht Club1241 NE Marine DriveContact Trudy Citovic, Event Coordinator, at 312-881-7423 or email@example.com
6) Oregon Mediation Association 24th Annual Fall Conference
Ambridge Event Center, Portland
1333 NE MLK Blvd.
7) SEMpdx Event: Local Search with David Mihm.
A look at current Local Search strategies and tactics.
4:30 - 6:30 PM
729 SW 15th Ave.,
$17 - $43
8) Launch The Mother PAC!
A new Oregon PAC that supports candidates who support families.
6- 8 p.m.
721 NW Ninth Avenue, Portland
9) Developing Interpretive Signs
9 - 11 a.m.
600 NE Grand Avenue, Portland
10) The Center for Women, Politics & Policy's celebrates their 4th Annual Women's Leadership Luncheon
11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Kridel Grand Ballroom, Portland Art Museum
11) Big Cat. Big Party.
9th Annual Benefit for the Cheetah Conservation Fund
Sunday, October 10, 2010
5 pm Patron Event
6 pm Dinner and Presentation by Dr. Laurie Marker
Oregon Zoo Banquet Center
$100 Patron / $65 Dinner-only tickets
12) Values and Vision: A Candidates Forum on Growth and Transportation in Washington County
Cloverleaf Building at the Washington County Fairgrounds
873 NE 34th Ave. Hillsboro
Sponsored by 1000 Friends of Oregon
|More Job Resources... |
Whether you need an internship or need an intern, InternMatch
should be on your radar.
Sign up for job postings and attend events through pdxMindShare.
CascadeLink is a community information network, serving the Portland Metro & Vancouver areas.
Worksource Portland Metro offers a variety of services to expand your opportunities.
Check out the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Portland Metro Chapter job bank.
Visit the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) job bank
|Stats for Week Ending 10/4/2010|
# Total Subscribers 5,662
# New Subscribers 86
# Job Views 2,283
Open Rate 40%
Twitter Followers 705
Facebook Fans 296
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205
Portland, Oregon 97204
o. (503) 517-2773
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205 Portland, OR 97204
Visit Prichard Communications on the Web
Please take a moment to visit us on the Web. You'll find: