Mac's List, edited by Lori Howell, offers a weekly update on job openings, networking events, and job-hunting resources for professionals in communications, public affairs and other fields in Oregon non-profits, public agencies and politics.
It is published by Prichard Communications every Tuesday afternoon by 3 PM PDT and distributed to several thousand subscribers.
Mac's List is free. Just click here to subscribe, update your contact info, or stop receiving Mac's List altogether
Don't want to wait until Tuesday to see the latest job listings? Follow Mac's List on Twitter where we post job openings as they arrive at our office.
Got a relevant job you want to share? Please use our online form to submit your announcement. There is no charge for this service.
We cannot forward PDFs or other files, so be sure to include a URL to such material.
1) Prichard Communications is filling two positions in Portland. Please apply by May 14:
2) Oregon Partnership is hiring a communications director. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 18.
3) University of Oregon is filling two positions in Eugene:
4) The Old Church is hiring a part-time general manager. Annual salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 12.
5) Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is filling two positions in Portland:
6) Upstream Public Health is hiring a campaign manager. Annual salary is $38,000 - $44,000. Please apply by May 17.
7) PKids is hiring a communications expert in Vancouver, WA. Position closes May 25.
8) Children's Cancer Association is hiring a director of marketing and communications in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
9) Gateway to College National Network is hiring a manager of training and site support in Portland. Annual salary is $50,000 - $60,000. Please apply by May 10.
10) OHSU Foundation is hiring a director of development in Women's Health in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 31.
11) Oregon Sustainability Center is hiring a development director in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by May 7.
12) Washington State University Vancouver is hiring a web communications manager/web coordinator in Vancouver, WA. Monthly salary is $3,750. Position closes May 16.
13) Metro is hiring a senior public affairs specialist in Portland. Annual salary is $57,096 - $76,440. Position closes May 5.
14) SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) is hiring a communications manager in Portland. Salary commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled. 15) The Oregon PTA is hiring an executive director in Portland. Annual salary is $30,000-$42,000. Position closes May 24.
16) Alliance of Portland Neighborhood Business Associations is hiring an executive director. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 21.
17) Educational Policy Improvement Center is hiring a web application developer. Salary commensurate with experience. Position open until filled.
18) Portland Public Schools seeks to fill three positions:
19) Kitzhaber 2010 is hiring a regional organizer in Portland. Email short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
20) Regenceis hiring a community investment specialist in Portland - Position
#18025. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes May 5.
21) Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) is hiring an executive director in Eugene. Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by May 10.
22) Oregon Episcopal School is hiring an alumni relations associate. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
23) EnviroIssues is hiring a communications outreach associate in Vancouver, WA. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
24) Creative Company, Inc. is hiring an account manager/writer in McMinnville. Annual salary is $50,000. Submit a resume stating your sales skills to email@example.com
25) Columbia Sportswear is hiring a public relations manager for Brand and Trade. Search Portland headquarters, public relations. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
|Internships and Volunteer Jobs|
1) Prichard Communications
is offering a summer internship as associate editor of Mac's List
in Portland. Position is unpaid from June 1- September 1 and requires 15-20 hours per week. Please apply by May 14.
2) Impact Northwest
is seeking a senior yard care volunteer lead in Portland. Position is unpaid through summer and fall. Please contact Rana DeBey at RDeBey@ImpactNW.org.
3) Kitzhaber 2010 is seeking a development intern in Portland. Position is unpaid. Please apply by May 7.
4) Educational Policy Improvement Center is hiring an intern in Eugene. Please see website for job description and application instructions.
5) Wyden for Senate is seeking a media intern in Portland.
For details contact Ben DuPree at firstname.lastname@example.org
6) EnviroMedia Social Marketing for Climate Savers Computing Initiative is seeking a POWER DOWN FOR THE PLANET 2010 summer intern. Hourly salary is $9. Apply by May 10.
is seeking a council office intern
. Hourly salary is $11. Apply by May 7.
8) Bob Stacey for Metro President is seeking a finance intern. Position is unpaid and requires 10 hours per week. Email email@example.com
|Helping hands needed... |
June 19 RACE for JUSTICE
This 5K is a fundraiser for St. Andrew Legal Clinic.
Fun Run (¼ & ½ Mile courses)
10:15am: 5k Run/Walk
11:00am: Post-race party with free pizza
Contact Cynthia Gregory at 503.281.1500 x24 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|More Job Resources... |
|Take a job search course and launch your career at the Portland Career Circle|
The go-to resource for the progressive movement is New Organizing Institute (NOI) in Washington DC
Sign up for job postings and attend events through pdxMindShare. idealist.
CascadeLink is a community information network, serving the Portland Metro & Vancouver areas.
Worksource Portland Metro offers a variety of services to expand your opportunities.
Check out the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Portland Metro Chapter job bank.
Visit the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) job bank
|Stats for Week Ending 5/3/2010|
# Total Subscribers 3997 # New Subscribers 51
# Job Views 1781
Open Rate 47%
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205
Portland, Oregon 97204
o. (503) 517-2773
f. (503) 517-2774
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205 Portland, OR 97204
Visit Prichard Communications on the Web
Please take a moment to visit us on the Web. You'll find:
follow us on