Mac's List takes a holiday March 23, 2010
|There will be no Mac's List on Tuesday, March 23. We're taking a week off spring vacation. Please continue to
submit relevant postings and we'll make sure they're included when we
resume our regular weekly publication schedule on Tuesday, March 30.
a safe and spring break!
Mac's List, edited by Lori Howell, offers a weekly update on job openings, networking events, and job-hunting resources for professionals in communications, public affairs and other fields in Oregon non-profits, public agencies and politics.
It is published by Prichard Communications every Tuesday afternoon by 3 PM PDT and distributed to several thousand subscribers.
Mac's List is free. Just click here to subscribe, update your contact info, or stop receiving Mac's List altogether
Don't want to wait until Tuesday to see the latest job listings? Follow Mac's List on Twitter where we post job openings as they arrive at our office.
Got a relevant job you want to share? Please use our online form to submit your announcement. There is no charge for this service.
We cannot forward PDFs or other files, so be sure to include a URL to such material.
1) Death with Dignity National Center is hiring an outreach manager/web communications specialist. Annual salary is $34,000-$38,000. Position closes March 20.
2) Renewable Northwest Project a senior staff counsel. Annual salary is $60,000-$70,000. Position closes March 31.
3) Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is hiring a director of corporate giving. Annual salary is $46,984 - $59,904. Position is open until filled.
4) NW Energy Efficiency Alliance is hiring a communications manager in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by March 19.
5) PECI is hiring a senior marketing services manager in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Apply by April 15.
6) EnviroIssues is hiring a communications outreach associate in Vancouver, WA. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
7) PovertyBridge is hiring an executive director in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled. Email email@example.com to request a job description and send cover letter and resume.
9) Creative Company, Inc. is hiring an account manager/writer in McMinnville. Annual salary is $50,000. Submit a resume stating your sales skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
10) OHSU Foundation is hiring an associate director of development in the Knight Cancer Institute in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
11) Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon is hiring a field organizer in Portland and a field organizer in Eugene. Salary is commensurate with experience. Both positions are open until filled.
12) Columbia Sportswear is hiring a public relations manager for Brand and Trade. Search Portland headquarters, public relations. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
13) Earth Advantage Institute is hiring a Chief Operating Officer in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes April 1.
The OHSU Foundation is hiring a
Senior Director of Research & Prospect Management in Portland. Salary is commensurate with
experience. Open until filled. Request a copy of the job description and apply by
writing to email@example.com.
Ecos is hiring for three positions in Portland: energy manager, junior staff accountant and program analyst. Salaries are
commensurate with experience. Positions are open until filled.
Portland Public Schools is seeking
1) a chief financial officer, annual salary is $112,500 - $135,000
and 2) a director of labor relations, annual salary
is $89,434 - 112,431. Positions
are open until filled. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oregonians for Water, Parks and Wildlife is
hiring a finance director in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
|Internships and Volunteer Jobs|
Date: March 31 2010
Time: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Northwest Natural, 220 NW Second Ave., Portland, 97209 (4th Floor)
you think you make a good impression when you're interviewing for a
job? PRSA-Portland is hosting a unique, "speed-interviewing" event
where you can brush-up on your interviewing skills and make a lasting
impression on a number of PR Pros and hiring managers -
in just minutes! From new to seasoned professionals...everyone is
welcome. So bring your resume, business card and your A-game for this
sure-to-be lively and fun event.
And after the interviewing, relax with drinks and light appetizers as you network with your peers.
cost is free to members $25 for students and $40 for non-members.
Members who would like to attend must register by sending Jenna
Cooper-Gross an email at email@example.com.
|More Job Resources... |
|Take a job search course and launch your career at the Portland Career Circle|
The go-to resource for the progressive movement is New Organizing Institute (NOI) in Washington DC
Sign up for job postings and attend events through pdxMindShare.
CascadeLink is a community information network, serving the Portland Metro & Vancouver areas.
Worksource Portland Metro offers a variety of services to expand your opportunities.
Check out the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Portland Metro Chapter job bank.
Visit the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) job bank
|Stats for Week Ending 3/15/2010|
# Total Subscribers 3625 # New Subscribers 81
# Job Views 1692
Open Rate 49%
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205
Portland, Oregon 97204
o. (503) 517-2773
f. (503) 517-2774
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205 Portland, OR 97204
Visit Prichard Communications on the Web
Please take a moment to visit us on the Web. You'll find:
follow us on