Mac's List, edited by Lori Howell, offers a weekly update on job openings, networking events, and job-hunting resources for professionals in communications, public affairs and other fields in Oregon non-profits, public agencies and politics.
It is published by Prichard Communications every Tuesday afternoon by 3 PM PDT and distributed to several thousand subscribers.
Mac's List is free. Just click here to subscribe, update your contact info, or stop receiving Mac's List altogether
Don't want to wait until Tuesday to see the latest job listings? Follow Mac's List on Twitter where we post job openings as they arrive at our office.
Got a relevant job you want to share? Please use our online form to submit your announcement. There is no charge for this service.
We cannot forward PDFs or other files, so be sure to include a URL to such material.
|New Web Site Launched |
- Past issues of Mac's List
- Electronic forms for submitting postings
- Information about our company's services and projects
- Great quotes
- Fancy photos
1) The Energy Trust of Oregon is hiring a Business Sector manager in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes March 10.
2) Brink Info is hiring an entry level staff person in brand development & management in Portland. Hourly salary is $10-$12. Position closes February 28. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon is hiring a field organizer in Eugene. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
4) Ecos is hiring a senior marketing manager in Portland. Salary depends upon experience. Position closes March 8.
5) Bank of America is hiring a corporate social responsibility market specialist in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes March 4.
6) Columbia Sportswear has two open public relations positions in Portland. Search Portland headquarters, public relations.
7) Wild Salmon Center is hiring a Russian conservation program manager or associate. The position is based in Portland, Oregon and will require extensive travel to the Russian Far East and Moscow. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
8) Clackamas County is hiring a Spanish, bilingual case manager in Oregon City. Hourly salary is $19.29 - $24.31. Position closes February 24. Apply online at www.clackamas.us
9) River Network is hiring for two positions in Portland: 1) vice president of national operations and 2) Water and Energy program director. Salaries are commensurate with experience. Both positions close February 28.
10) Earth Advantage Institute is hiring for three positions in Portland: Chief Operating Officer closes April 1; finance steward, closes March 1; and an independently contracted grant writer.
11) Oregon Opportunity Network is hiring an executive director. Annual salary is $60,000 - $65,000. Position closes March 15.
The Pangaea Project is hiring a finance and operations manager
in Portland. Annual salary is $38,000 - $42,000. Position is open until filled.
Basic Rights Oregon is hiring for two positions in Portland: 1) a field manager and 2) a communcations director. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please see position descriptions for details.
Oregon Food Bank is hiring a director of development in Portland.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position closes February 28.
Urban League of Portland
is hiring for three positions:
Healthy Kids project coordinator/client advocate and case manager, and a community organizer for the Urban League Diversity and Civic Leadership Organizing Project.
Please see website for details.
The OHSU Foundation is hiring a
Senior Director of Research & Prospect Management in Portland. Salary is commensurate with
experience. Open until filled. Request a copy of the job description and apply by
writing to email@example.com.
The Zimbabwe Artists Project is hiring an executive director
in Portland. Annual salary is $30,000. Position closes February 26.
Western Rivers Conservancy is hiring a director of finance and administration in Portland. Annual starting salary is $80,000. Position closes February 26.
Ecos is hiring for three positions in Portland: director - energy management, energy manager, and project lead. Salaries are
commensurate with experience. Positions are open until filled.
Portland Public Schools is seeking
1) a chief financial officer, annual salary is $112,500 - $135,000
and 2) a director of labor relations, annual salary
is $89,434 - 112,431. Positions
are open until filled. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equity Foundation is hiring an executive director in Portland. Position closes March 1.
Children's Relief Nursery is hiring a development director
in Portland. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Travel Portland has an opening
for vice president of communications & public relations. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
Oregonians for Water, Parks and Wildlife is
hiring a campaign manager in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled.
|Internships and Volunteer Jobs|
1) NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon
is offering an organizing & outreach internship
in Portland. Email a resume and cover letter by March 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Our Ocean
is offering an unpaid internship tailored
to fit your location, areas of interest, skills, and school internship
requirements. Please contact Melissa
Lynn Chapman at 503-701-3422 or Melissa@ouroregonocean.org
3) Coalition for a Livable Future
is hiring a part-time regional livability summit organizer
successful completion of the term of service, the LINKS Americorps member is
eligible for an education award of $1,000. Position is open until filled.
Rex Burkholder's campaign for Metro
President has two opportunities for unpaid internships at the downtown Portland headquarters.
Interns will help coordinate communications and volunteers. To apply, please
send a cover letter with contact information and a resume to email@example.com. The
positions will remain open until filled.
Date: March 31 2010
Time: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Northwest Natural, 220 NW Second Ave., Portland, 97209 (4th Floor)
PRSA-Portland is hosting a "speed-interviewing" event where you'll
have the opportunity to practice your interviewing skills and make a
lasting impression on a number of PR Pros and hiring managers. Get
honest feedback you can really use.
But wait...there's more.
How does your resume rank? The first ten people who email their resume in to event manager, Jessica Shaw (Jessica@woloshin.com), after signing up for Speed Interviewing will get a critique and advice from a seasoned professional.
Note: Space is limited for this event so please sign-up early!
cost is free to members $25 for students and $40 for non-members.
Members who would like to attend must register by sending Jenna
Cooper-Gross an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|More Job Resources... |
|Take a job search course and launch your career at the Portland Career Circle|
The go-to resource for the progressive movement is New Organizing Institute (NOI) in Washington DC
Sign up for job postings and attend events through pdxMindShare.
CascadeLink is a community information network, serving the Portland Metro & Vancouver areas.
Worksource Portland Metro offers a variety of services to expand your opportunities.
Check out the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Portland Metro Chapter job bank.
Visit the International Association of Business Communications (IABC) job bank
|Stats for Week Ending 2/22/2010|
# Total Subscribers 3402 # New Subscribers 50
# Job Views 1546
Open Rate 47%
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205
Portland, Oregon 97204
o. (503) 517-2773
f. (503) 517-2774
620 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1205 Portland, OR 97204
follow us on