Spaces are still available for this new, highly individualized coaching program that will make your Boston Marathon the best it can be!
For those of you who are entered in the 2012 Boston Marathon, congratulations! We hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity. The Sacramento Running Association staff understands that not everyone receiving this message is entered in the 2012 Boston Marathon, but we would like you to consider forwarding it to those who might be interested. Also, keep this program in mind for next year!
- Program begins Sunday, January 22 and ends Wednesday, April 11.
- Meet your coach! Four-time Olympic Marathon Trials Qualifier, Mary Coordt.
- Each participant will fill out a running bio form to help Coach Mary to provide individualized instruction.
- Program will be specific to running the challenging Boston Marathon course terrain. You will learn about event logistics, proper pacing and fueling, form, injury prevention, and more!
- This is NOT an online coaching program. Coach Mary will be working with you in person and will adjust your workouts to maximize your potential.
- To ensure individual attention, number of program participants is limited.
- Twice-a-week workouts are held on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings.
- To keep the workouts fun and interesting, workout locations on the American River Parkway will vary.
- Included at no extra cost is a Nutrition Seminar by Coach Mary Coordt, who also has a Masters in Science in Nutrition. Information ranges from basic tips on healthy eating to the science behind proper fueling for running activities.
- Program also includes exclusive access to an information-packed meeting with Dick Beardsley, midday on Friday, March 2, where Dick will share his insider tips for running the Boston Marathon. He will be at Boston to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the dramatic "Duel in the Sun," when Dick ran Boston stride-for-stride with Alberto Salazar.
- The total program cost is $150 (for additional information click here):
- Interested in trying out a different SRA coaching program? Consider learning more about and signing up for the SRA SACTOWN 10 Coaching Program!