| |Be sure to "Like" our new Facebook page, and share it with your friends, neighbors, alumni and colleagues to follow all of the exciting news and events at K-State Olathe everyday!
|Calendar of Events
Calling all 'Staters! Show your purple pride with the Royals - it's K-State Day at the K! Get a purple Royals hat, tailgate, and see Mark Simoneau throw out the first pitch...the game is at 1:10 p.m.
Community fitness class at K-State Olathe every Tuesday evening - no charge, all fitness levels are welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Sensory & Consumer Research Center at K- State Olathe is looking for consumers of all ages to test and give their feedback during day and evening studies.
The next study is for female athletes ages 17-27 who exercise at least three times a week.
If you are interested, please contact the Sensory & Consumer Research Center at (913) 307-7355 or by email at email@example.com. Be sure to "like" and follow the Facebook page for upcoming studies.
Kansas State University Olathe has rounded the one year mark with the announcement of five degree programs, one of which has students arriving in our halls in the next few weeks.
Click through the links to read more about these activities:
- Degree programs were announced at the one- year anniversary event on April 26:
- MS in Adult & Continuing Education (open for enrollment!)
- MS in Horticulture; emphasis in Urban Food Systems
- MS in Food Science
- MS in Biological & Agricultural Engineering
- MS in Veterinary Biomedical Science
- The Urban Water Institute website is live - take some time to see what it's all about. The first outreach program with K-12 took place in April with nearly 60 students participating in WILD:cat Day - Water Investigation Lab Day: Citizen Awareness Team - with water testing in K-State Olathe's pond and analysis in the labs.
- K-State Olathe has received LEED Silver certification for our first building. An internationally recognized mark of excellence, LEED provides a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
- The Summer Teacher Workshop, co-sponsored by One Health Kansas, will offer a unique, graduate level experience to 20 Kansas teachers this month, who will also receive scholarships to attend. Read more here.
- Educators planning curriculum for the coming academic year should be sure to check out our K-12 outreach programs, which build on the STEM curriculum. There are numerous opportunities to have you at K-State Olathe, or K-State can come to your school.
|Professional Development Series|
Contract research organizations, or CROs, will be the topic of a Kansas State University Animal Health Corridor Lecture Series seminar June 6 from 11:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. at K-State Olathe.
The seminar will look at selecting, managing and optimizing contract research organization relationships within the animal health industry.
The Animal Health Corridor Lecture Series is an initiative of Animal Health Supply Chain Program offered through the university's department of agricultural economics in partnership with K-State Olathe.
Click here for registration information.
Matt Maciel joined the K-State Olathe team as the Adult Education Program Coordinator. Matt is promoting the adult education program, planning and developing a student recruitment program as well as conducting initial student intake and advising activities.
Chad Roberts works closely with K-State Manhattan ITS staff to support technology for the Olathe campus and the Olathe Chamber of Commerce. He serves as liaison for faculty, administration and staff to gather input for the maintenance and problem reporting of instructional environments, research labs and staff IT needs.
The following video debuted at the April 26 anniversary event, celebrating our progress and partnerships from our first year and looking ahead. We invite you to take five minutes to watch:
|K-State Olathe Anniversary 2012|
Kansas State University Olathe
Marketing Communications Coordinator