HOW TO MAKE NEW OBJECT LIBRARIES...
First of all, there is a starter training movie that shows some things about Object Libraries called "The Library" movie. (Good for a refresher.) You can access it from within both the HIS and Deco-Con software.
CLICK HERE... TO WATCH A TRAINING MOVIE (Deco-Con Online Version)
(Or watch it from within your Hardscape or Deco-Con Imaging software located under
Training --> All Movies --> Look under the "The Library" Section)
TIP: Another thing you can do, while in the software, is "Click" the HELP icons and while the "?" is the cursor Click on "New Library" from the main menu.
So... Getting On With It...
TO CREATE A NEW OBJECT LIBRARY...
1) From the main menu: Select "Library" then "New Library"
2) Click on the "Object Library" radio button (or it might be the default)
Then give the Library a name (name = the name of the product or manufacturer - something that will help you find it) then a period to call out the pattern of the product.
See that "period" or dot that is what tells the "Vista" library to create a sublibrary named "Lighting Fixtures"... that "." is important.
Then Click OK, and Click OK one more time again.
3) Now open the new Object Library you just made and follow the name path you gave it to open the blank library.
You will see a message "This combination is not available" and that is the indicator that you have not yet added items to the library.
4) Click on "Items" then "Add Items."
Now navigate to the folder where you saved the new .lob file to.
5) When you locate the folder where the file or files are stored -- and if you don't see them -- it would be because the "File Type" is set to the wrong format for viewing. Most of the files are .JPG so change the "Files of type" to .JPG or they could be .BMP or .TGA or .GIF, etc.
6) Select the file in that folder (or the ones you want to add into the library) and Click on the "OPEN" command button. And then the library will build itself.
7) While the library is still open, Save the library: "Click Library" then "Save Library." (In this above example it is Vista / Lighting Fixtures)
BIG REMINDER TIP: Whenever you make changes to any library - by adding items, or deleting them, etc. - you will need to click "Save Library" in order to save your changes!!
To see the Library you have just made, Select Library, then find your name for the specific Library.
Your newly defined object will now appear in that library and be usable in any image you are working on.