Spring will be here before we know it - today certainly makes us think of it! It's a busy time for NHBSR, because we're focused on bringing you a fantastic conference on May 14th at the Sheraton Harborside in Portsmouth.
As you know, our conference theme is "Waking the Talk: the Profitability of Values". We understand that, especially in this economy, it is important to emphasize not only people and planet, but to evaluate the financial sustainability of our efforts, as well.
Andrew Winston, founder of Winston Eco-Strategies and author of the Green Recovery will provide the keynote address. Andrew is committed to helping companies large and small use environmental strategy to grow, create enduring value, and build stronger realtionships with employees, customers and other stakeholders. Listen to a clip from one of his recent presentations and you will see why we are excited to have him join us.
Beth Tener of New Directions Collaborative will lead our focused networking event. We're excited to help you find the people you need to meet to take your CSR efforts to the next level!
We also have six great sessions ...
- Achieving a Culture of Employee Health and Wellness
- Standup and Standout: Is External Certification Right for Your Business?
- Bootstrapping a Sustainability Program: Succeeding Despite Limited Resources
- Diversity to Thrive: Why a Diverse Workforce Makes Sense in the New Economy
- Demonstrating the Value of CSR: Metrics, Cost and Benefits
- Engaging Employees in CSR: A Workshop for Small Business
Registration will be opening shortly - watch for an announcement in the near future!
Finally, this event would not happen without our sponsors - we appreciate their ongoing support of NHBSR's mission. If you've been considering sponsorship, we still have two openings! Give me a call...
Michelle Veasey,Executive Director