Real Estate Opportunities Increase with the Amgen Bike Tour
The Amgen Tour of California is the largest cycling event in America! It is a Tour de France-style cycling road race that includes many of the world's top professional cycling teams competing along a demanding course. This year the Amgen Tour of California is scheduled for May 15-22, and will begin in South Lake Tahoe near our Paradise Real Estate office! The event is said to be a preparatory race for the Tour de France and is not only a great race, but it is also an initiative to raise awareness of the resources available for people affected by cancer. In the past, the Tour de Italia was known as the preparatory race for the Tour de France, but due to its severity more and more popular riders are choosing The Tour of California.
The Amgen Tour is expected to bring tourists in large numbers to our beautiful little town. In fact, the race is expected to bring $5-$10 million in visitor revenues to South Lake Tahoe between May 13th and May 17th. Not only will this have great economic impact for us, but I expect an increase in real estate purchases as well.
With the first leg of the Amgen Tour starting in South Lake Tahoe and looping around the lake 1 1/2 times, it gives international cycling enthusiasts a reason to visit South Lake Tahoe. As many current locals and second homeowners know, once you experience the beauty of this area, you are hooked. The race will help to brand the Lake Tahoe area as an excellent cycling destination.
Paradise is so excited about the upcoming race and corresponding festivities that we are giving away a Week's Stay in Hawaii. In order to win, guess the closest to the fastest lap time once around Lake Tahoe in the first leg of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California. Check out our tips/ hints below for clues on how to WIN.
Paradise Real Estate Welcomes Amgen Tour of California
- It is our understanding that the cyclists in the 2011 Amgen Tour will be starting behind Montbleu and circling around the Casinos as well as the Heavenly Village before turning onto HWY 50. When estimating the fastest lap be sure to include extra time to account for that.
- Levi Leipheimer was quoted by a local as riding around the lake in practice in 2 hours and 52 minutes.
- The highest elevation the cyclists will climb in the first stage of the Amgen Tour of California is 7,200 feet at Brockway Summit.
- Dan Spano and Reve Ramose completed the lap around Lake Tahoe on a tandem bike in 2 hours 58 minutes 17 seconds
- The fastest time will be based on 1 full lap around Lake Tahoe, not the 1 1/2 laps that the cyclists will complete during the first stage of Amgen.
SUBMIT YOUR GUESS HERE