Change of Seasons
It is that time of year again. With the change of seasons we need to rearrange our wardrobes. Ideally, we should go through our clothing four times a year each time the season changes. However, most people do this twice a year for Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter. Here are some tips to help you get through the process:
1. Schedule time for this task. Recommendation - two - two to three hour sessions over a two week time frame.
2. Sort through your closet and dresser separating clothes into categories on your bed.
3. Donate or throw away any items you do not want.
4. Clothes that have not been worn in a year, that do not fit, or are out of style and will NOT be worn again should be donated or discarded.
5. Store prior seasons clothes in plastic bins, cedar closet, or garment racks in less accessible areas such as attic or basement.
6. Make sure like items are placed together and most commonly worn clothes are easily accessible.
7. Containerize your closet and drawers with shelf/drawer dividers, tie/scarf racks, and sturdy hangers.
8. Store less worn items in the back or ends of the closet.
9. Immediately put the donation bag in your car to drop off the next day.
10. Reward yourself for a job well done.
For more information on this process or for additional organizing services, Visit or contact Marea Santos of Santos Organizational Strategies (S.O.S.).
Easy Ways to Go Green
As we continue to begin more environmentally conscious, there are ways that we can begin to take baby steps in working towards preserving our environment for future generations. Do you recycle all items that you can possibly recycle? If your town does not have separate recycling with your weekly refuse pick-up, check with them to see where you can drop-off items. See how easy it is to take that first step.
Did you know?
A great place to shop for designer name bargains. Visit Bluefly.com for Prada, Donna Karan, Diesel, Dolce & Gabana and much more.