Member retention should be high on your 'hit list' this Spring.
Why? Because it costs up to 8x more to recruit a new member than to retain an existing member. FACT.
Here are 12 ideas to (hopefully!) inspire:
- Compile a 'member retention plan' within your membership strategy/plan.
- Collect data on what is actually being accessed by members
- If you know what is valued - ensure your members know about it!
- Ask members what they think about your current offering.
- Observe 'chatter' throughout the year and take note!
- Enable a 'two-way' conversation with members - Dont just broadcasting!
- Horizon scan (PESTLE) - See what members can get elsewhere!
- Ask members what they would like you to offer
- Consider new/flexible online benefits but dont be led by technology alone
- Communicate only monthly? - split the month up with a quick poll/update
- Nurture members in their first year
- Make it as easy as possible to renew - Online/DirectDebit!
Why not discuss your member retention-related ideas, successes and suggestions on our online professional networking group (hosted on LinkedIn). Join in the discussion...