2012 is Calling Your Name!
Are you up for the Challenge?
Your goal: to complete at least 8 of more than 20 participating events across Minnesota throughout 2012 as part of the new Explore Minnesota Challenge; at least one in each of the four designated areas of the state.
Let's break it down:
1. Registration is open to the first 500 participants, with spots still available -click here for online registration.
2. As a Challenge participant, your $50 fee includes annual Minnesota Distance Running Association (MDRA) membership and 2012 race calendar ($25 value); a backpack starter kit including a fleece hat, MDRA Annual and Magazine, Midwest Events Magazine, Explore Minnesota Travel Guide and State Highway map as well as coupons from running partners.
3. Throughout the Challenge you will receive commemorative lapel pins for each of the areas in which you participate; a lanyard (shown above) to collect your pins, and chances throughout the year to win exploration/vacation packages as well as entries into races that are part of the series.
4. You select the races you want to take part in based on your schedule (registration for events is separate).
5. Upon completion of the 8 events you've chosen, including one in each of the 4 designated areas, you will receive a commemorative State of Minnesota Medal and finisher's shirt.
6. Your starter kit can be picked up at various locations throughout the year, beginning with the following in January:
- Saturday, January 7: Marathon Sports, 2312 W. 50th Street, Minneapolis from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 14: Run 'N Fun, 868 Randolph Ave., St. Paul from 10:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 21: MDRA Annual Party, Edina Community Center, Edina from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28: Securian Winter Run, Securian Towers, 400 Robert St. N., St. Paul from 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
7. The current list of events participating in the2012 Explore Minnesota Challenge is here.
For updates on participating races, join us on our special Explore Minnesota Challenge Facebook page!
Here's to 2012! We can't wait to hear about all of your outdoor adventures!