Fast, Healthy, and Vegetarian!
Makes 12 Servings
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock (or low sodium broth)
- 3 pounds kale, stems and inner ribs discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring about 30 seconds (until you can really smell the garlic!).
- Add the stock or broth.
- Add the kale in large handfuls. Let each handful wilt in the pot before adding more kale.
- Season with pepper as desired.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat until the kale is tender (about five minutes).
- Remove lid and cook contents until all the liquid has evaporated (about three minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup | 125 Calories; 6g Fat; 5.25g Protein; 15g Carbohydrates; 5.5g Fiber; 190mg Calcium; 0g Cholesterol.