Whole Wheat Pumpkin Apple Muffins
Makes 24 muffins
- 3 c whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 c 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 2/3 c egg whites
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1/4 c flax-seed meal
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl combine flax-seed meal and egg whites. Stir and add all other wet ingredients: vanilla, pumpkin, canola oil, diced and peeled apples, and applesauce.
3. Pour batter into muffin pans lined with cupcake liners (about 2/3 full).
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutritional information: Serving size: 1/24 of above recipe. 112 calories, 3.2 grams of fat, 2.9 grams of protein, 18.2 grams of carbohydrates, and 2.1 grams of fiber.