Makes 2 servings
- 8 oz ground turkey breast
- 1/4 onion powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2, 3/4 oz slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon non-fat mayonnaise
- Fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, onion, pepper, olive oil and thyme leaves until well blended.
3. Divide mixture into two and form into a burger.
4. Place the burgers on a non-stick grill pan and cook on the first side for about ten minutes then flip the burgers and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
5. Top with cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
6. Serve the burgers on the whole wheat bun and top with non-fat mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
Nutritional information: Serving size: 1/2 of above recipe. 343 calories, 6 grams of fat, 41 grams of protein, 28 grams of carbohydrates, and 5 grams of fiber.
Getting ready for your Thanksgiving dinner? Buy your desserts from MANNA - visit www.mannapa.org for more information.