Roasted Butternut Squash with Apples
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice mix
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cubed (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, combine butternut squash, canola oil and spice mix and toss.
3. Spread the mixture on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the squash turns golden brown at the edges.
5. In another bowl, mix together the vinegar and syrup.
6. Pour mixture over the squash.
7. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
8. Remove the squash and combine with apples and pecans.
9. Allow the dish to cool and serve.
Nutritional information: Serving size: 1/4 of above recipe. 203 calories, 6.5 grams of fat, 1.9 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbohydrates, and 3.7 grams of fiber.