Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry
Serving size: 6
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root (or 1 tsp ginger powder)
- 1-1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
1. Blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved.
2. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans. Toss vegetables until lightly coated.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stir occasionally to prevent burning.
4. Stir in soy sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger.
5. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
6. Serve over steamed brown rice.
Nutritional information: 119 calories, 9.3 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbohydrate, 2.2 grams of dietary fiber, 2.2 grams of protein.