Happy Holidays Salmon
Serving size: 4
- 4, 5-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (try a fat-free, low-sodium brand)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat broiler. On a non-stick broiler pan, place the salmon fillets skin side down. Broil for 8-10 minutes. To avoid overcooking check the fish. It should flake easily with a fork.
2. Combine together the lemon juice, chicken broth and cornstarch and whisk together. Heat over medium heat in a small saucepan until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in honey, remove from heat, and keep warm until the salmon is finished.
3. This recipe serves 4. Place each piece of salmon on a plate and top with the lemon sauce, season with the freshly ground pepper to taste.
Nutritional information: 212 calories, 8.4 gram of fat, 3.2 grams of carbohydrate, 0.1 grams of dietary fiber, 30.8 grams of protein.
From the entire MANNA family: