Diabetic-Friendly Sweet Potato Mash with Ginger and Orange Recipe
Serving size: 104g
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp margarine
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into equal size pieces
2. Place in a pot and cover with water
3. Bring potatoes to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until they are cooked through. Drain.
4. In a bowl, add ginger, orange juice, and margarine to potatoes. Use an egg beater or a potato masher to mash mixture until smooth.
Nutritional information: 90 calories, 1 gram of fat, 20 grams of carbohydrate, 3 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of protein.
Craving more sweet potatoes?
Buy a Sweet Potato Pie (or one of the other 4 flavors) from MANNA's
Pie in the Sky sale.
For every pie sold, MANNA provides one person with a life-threatening illness 6 nutritious and delicious meals.