Makes: 12 servings (Serving size 1/2 cup)
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 2 large egg
- 3/4 c canned pumpkin
- 2 c fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift together dry ingredients (flour - allspice) and set aside.
3. Beat oil, eggs, and pumpkin together until well blended.
4. Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin mixture) to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir until moistened.
5. Fold in chopped cranberries.
6. Spoon into paper lined muffin cups.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 30 minutes.
Per Recipe: $3.18
Per Serving: $.27
Pumpkin Post/Banana Beat
University of Massachusetts Extension Nutrition Education Program
Nutritional information: 200 calories, 7 grams of fat, 32 grams of carbohydrate, 3 grams of protein.
Serve with a glass of low-fat milk for a healthy snack.