MANNA's Spicy Asian ChickenPrep time: 20 min
Start to Finish: 1 hr 20 min
Makes: 8 servings (Serving size 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 c sweet Mango Chutney or crushed pineapple drained
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Six 4-6 ounce boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp canola oil for frying
1. Mix together first seven ingredients to make marinade
2. Wash chicken and pat dry. Pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for half hour.
3. In a large skillet heat the canola oil and cook the chicken over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning only once.
4. Use a thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reached 165 degrees.
5. In a small saucepan cook the left over marinade to a glaze consistency. Pour over the cooked chicken before serving.
Nutritional information: 241 calories, 13 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbohydrate, 23 grams of protein.
To reduce the amount of saturated fat in this recipe, remove the skin on the chicken before eating!