MANNA's Fresh Fruit Summer CobblerPrep time: 20 min
Start to Finish: 1 hr 20 min
Makes: 8 servings
- 2 c fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 c fresh plums, sliced
- 1 c fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 c splenda, stevia, or sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cubbed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c vanilla yogurt, fat free
- 1/4 c fat free milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. For the fruit filling: In a large bowl thoroughly toss the fruit, sugar (or other sugar substitute), starch, and spices together until ingredients are combined. Place the fruit mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch casserole dish and randomly place the butter cubes on top.
3. For the cobbler topping: In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg). With your finger tips, rub the butter cubes into the flour until the mixture begins to resemble wet sand. With a wooden spoon mix in the yogurt and milk until the mixture becomes dough.
4. Using a spoon, place dollops of the dough randomly on top of the fruit mixture to resemble cobblestone
5. Place the cobbler in the oven for about an hour, or until the cobbler topping is inserted with a toothpick and comes out clean.
Nutritional information: 270 calories, 11 grams of fat, 39 grams of carbohydrate, 4 grams of protein, 200 mg of sodium, and 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Use margarine instead of butter for a low-fat version of this recipe.