Happy New Year Everyone!
2011 was quite a year for SILA. Our ranks grew by seven! Under the leadership of President Jeri we welcomed new members...Jennifer, Diane, Ann, Jessica, and Bev. I then had the honor of inducting Daphyne and Teresa! Retired/Life member, Annie, changed her status back to regular member. And, although DeAnna has not been able to join us for meetings, she has elected to remain a regular member.
Of course when you begin to talk/write about the "best" of anything, you must throw in the "worst"' for balance, so let's get that out of the way first. We had our share of surgeries, illnesses, condolences, property loss (etc.) and we are thankful that our sisters were able to draw upon their inner strength to make it through. They were and still remain on our prayer lists but I wanted to acknowledge them in this little way without listing names.
Below, you will find our "Best of SILA 2011" in pictures. Thanks to all of the photographers for capturing the special moments and activities!
Just for fun, I would like to include:
* Best service projects - 1736 and DWC
* SI historical wonder - Barbara
* Most traveled - Carole (how many continents?)
* Most miles walked - Teresa and Jessica (our marathon/half-marathoners)
* Best Sister Producers - Emily and her sister
* Musician Extraordinaire - Stephanie
* 24 most intriguing SI members of the year - DeAnna, Annie, Emily, Jeri, Janet, Daphyne, Joyce, Bev, Joan, Karen, Barbara, Jessica, Dona, Sheila, Teresa, Julie, Carole, Ann, Pam, Diane, Stephanie, Jennifer, Leslie, and Betsy
And now, as we turn our attention to 2012, the question is: "How can we do even better than we did in 2011?". The answer is pretty simple. Stay on course . . . We have identified our destination (commemorating SILA's 90th through our various activities), outlined our goals (in our SI portfolio), identified our projects (Youth Forum, service projects, gala anniversary celebration, WOA/VRA/Ruby/Fellowship awards), and set our sites (successful completion of all). If we just "stay on course" this will be our best year yet.
Happy 90th Anniversary SILA!