Alfe Heat Treating Donation Aids IPFW Business and Engineering Students
Cheryl Allison, Gerard Voland, and James Moore
IPFW's Richard T. Doermer School of Business and Management Sciences (DSBMS) and its College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science (ETCS) each received $2,500 donations from Alfe Heat Treating, which is headquartered in Fort Wayne. The checks were presented to James Moore, associate dean of DSBMS, and Gerard Voland, dean of ETCS, by Cheryl Allison, Alfe Heat Treating HR manager. The donation will be used for student scholarships in both schools.
K-5 Masterpieces on Display at Helmke
FAME Exhibition at Helmke
Earlier this month, elementary students created "masterpieces" as part of the Foundation for Art and Music in Education (FAME) Fusion of Concert Colors contest. The works of art are now on display on the second floor of the Walter E. Helmke Library. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
Student Workers Rock! All IPFW departments are encouraged to recognize and show appreciation for student workers during the week of April 12-16. There are 500-plus students who devote many hours each week making significant contributions to our campus community! Here are a few ideas:
- Take them out for a meal;
- Send a card or e-card;
- Wear a "Student Workers Rock" button (contact Career Services for buttons at 481-0689);
- Have a departmental ice cream social, party, or luncheon;
- Nominate them for the National Student Employee of the Year Award (deadline is April 5);
- Buy them IPFW gear from the bookstore;
- Give a flower, balloon, candy, or a gift certificate to a local restaurant;
- Make a banner and hang it in your office that reads "Thank You, Student Employees" or "Our Student Employees Rock!"
Benefits Forum Video Now at CATV
A video of the recent Purdue benefits open forum has been uploaded to the CATV Web site (Click on the Video on Demand Library link.) Topics covered include energy savings, IT governance, and proposed benefit changes.