News from members / other organizations / media
(keep yourself posted with the event calendar at www.decc.ee/events/upcoming-events)
January - June 2012
Danish presidency of the council of the European Union. More info from here.
The Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is inviting for a morning coffee with the Estonian ambassador to Sweden, Mr Jaak Jõerüüt. More information here.
British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce holds an annual Golf Tournament at Niitvälja
The Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is inviting for a morning coffee with the Estonian ambassador to Russia, Mr Simmu Tiik. More information here.
British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce is organizing a London Trade Mission. More information about the program and costs, please click here.
Baltic Business Arena 2012 - a Baltic Sea Region Business Matchmaking Seminar in Copenhagen, Denmark. For 10 companies from Estonia, the participation fee will be free of charge plus travel support of 200 €, the rest need to pay themselves. More information here.
News from Copenhagen Post and Baltic Business News
* Governments 2020 vision has key points on education and jobs. The public sector needs to shrink, Danes have to get back to work and young people need opportunities for education and jobs. Those are some of the conclusions reached in the government's 2020 plan. Read more.
* The Danish Tax Authorities warn of biggest individual phishing scam campaign ever seen in Denmark. Skat's name and logo are being used in a professional phishing con that includes fake emails seemingly sent from the tax authority. Numerous citizens and businesses have received the fake email that poses as an official message from Skat and encourages the receiver to divulge sensitive personal details in order to collect reimbursement fees. Read more.
* Bad news continues for Vestas. The Danish windmill producer Vestas is still suffering from dire quarterly figures and may be on the verge of a major round of layoffs. Despite posting revenues of over 7 billon kroner, high costs and an increase on staff have sent Vestas tumbling to a pre-tax deficite of 1.7 billion kroner. At the same time, debts have increased dramatically 2,275 billion kroner. However, the annual expectations at the windmill giant remain the same, between 48-60 billion kroner. Vestas' troubles have been well-documented. In 2008, before the financial crisis started to grip, Vestas' share price almost topped 700 kroner, but has since dropped to 46 kroner. It was only a few weeks ago that rumors surfaced that two Chinese competitors, Goldvin and Sinovel, were considering buying Vestas, a move that could possibly spell the end of windmill production in Denmark. Read more.
2012 trade fair calendar in Denmark:
May 22-24, 2012 "Health and Rehab Scandinavia" (Copenhagen). More info click here.
May 30-June 1, 2012 "MonitorExpo 2012" (Copenhagen) fair on professional communication via pictures, sound and light. More information click here.
August, 2012 "Formland Expo 2012" (Herning). For professionals working in the field of decoration, home and office design, furniture, lightening, fabrics, handicraft products, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
September 2012 "Automatik 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
October 9-11, 2012 "Copenhagen International Clean Energy Fair". Read more click here.
November 2012 "Food Pharma Tech" (Herning). Trade fair for machinery, packaging, and ingredients for food and pharma industry.
November 2012 "Agromek 2012" (Herning). Agricultural trade fair.
2012 trade fair calendar in Estonia:
- Tallinn fair center Eesti Näitused and,
- Tartu fair center Tartu Näitused.
You can find a list of trade fair organizers for both Estonia and Denmark at our website.
* Follow the news on the Danish Culture events in Estonia at Facebook - click here.
* Follow the news on the Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce at Facebook - click here.