News from members / other organizations / media
(keep yourself posted with the event calendar at www.decc.ee/events/upcoming-events)
January - June 2012
Danish presidency of the council of the European Union. More info from here.
Connect Baltica is inviting to their permanent working group meeting on transport matters, bringing together stakeholders from the public, private and academic sector. Next meeting on April 13, Tallinn Technical University, room 214 from 11:00-13:00. More information click here.
British and German chamber members have a joint bowling event.
Swedish and Finnish chambers of commerce have their annual floor hockey tournament.
Film premiere "To Make A Storm" about "the thing of Estonia" at Arigato sports center at 17:00-19:00. More information click here.
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia is invites to Tallinn TV-tower visit
British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce holds an annual Golf Tournament at Niitvälja
British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce is organizing a London Trade Mission. More information about the program and costs, please click here.
News from Copenhagen Post and Baltic Business News
* A majority of Danes believe the wealthiest should shoulder a greater share of the tax burden to pay for society's expenses such as the welfare state, a new study has revealed. The survey, carried out by YouGov for Ugebrevet A4, asked whether individuals agreed with the principle that the 'broadest shoulders' should bear the greatest burden. Over half - 53 percent - of those polled said they agreed with the principle, though support was greater from voters of left-wing parties than centrist or right-wing parties. Read more.
* Copenhagen has earned high marks in a new Economist study thanks to its large, skilled, healthy and productive labour force, but the Danish capital ranks 23 overall in the 120 city competitiveness survey due to its low ranking for economic strength. The Economist Intelligence Unit looked at eight criteria of competitiveness in assessing major cities: human capital, economic strength, social and cultural character, institutional effectiveness, financial maturity, environmental and natural hazards, global appeal and physical capital. Denmark's best placing was in the 'human capital' category, where it ranked third. According to Kim Bek, the development coordinator for investment agency Copenhagen Capacity, the city's good results here were due to free access to good universities. Read more.
2012 trade fair calendar in Denmark:
April 13-15, 2012 "Hunting & Outdoor 2012" (Odense). Read more click here.
April 26-28, 2012 "Scandefa 2012" (Copenhagen) dentalfair. More info click here.
May 22-24, 2012 "Health and Rehab Scandinavia" (Copenhagen). More info click here.
May 30-June 1, 2012 "MonitorExpo 2012" (Copenhagen) fair on professional communication via pictures, sound and light. More information click here.
August, 2012 "Formland Expo 2012" (Herning). For professionals working in the field of decoration, home and office design, furniture, lightening, fabrics, handicraft products, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
September 2012 "Automatik 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
October 9-11, 2012 "Copenhagen International Clean Energy Fair". Read more click here.
November 2012 "Food Pharma Tech" (Herning). Trade fair for machinery, packaging, and ingredients for food and pharma industry.
November 2012 "Agromek 2012" (Herning). Agricultural trade fair.
2012 trade fair calendar in Estonia:
- Tallinn fair center Eesti Näitused and,
- Tartu fair center Tartu Näitused.
You can find a list of trade fair organizers for both Estonia and Denmark at our website.
* Follow the news on the Danish Culture events in Estonia at Facebook - click here.
* Follow the news on the Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce at Facebook - click here.