News from members / other organizations / media
(keep yourself posted with the event calendar at www.decc.ee/events/upcoming-events)
January - June 2012
Danish presidency of the council of the European Union. More info from here.
DECC mingle with the Spanish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce. More information here.
Foreign Investors' Council in Estonia will hold their AGM at the Norwegian Embassy.
DECC mingle with the Finnish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce. More information here.
Executive Women's Dinner with Mrs Signe Kivi, organized by the British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce. More information here.
Easter Buffet on business topics at Restaurant Pärl organized by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia. More information here.
News from Copenhagen Post and Baltic Business News
* Estonia / Denmark: Estonian U-19 Hannes Anier has signed a 3-year contract with Danish top football club Odense Boldclub (OB). He will start to play for his new club in July. Till then, Hannes will be graduating from high school and possibily take part of some reserve team games.
* Denmark: Restaurant Noma fails to get third star from Michelin Guide. The restaurant needs to wait at least for another year to get the honors. Read more.
* Denmark: Mayor seeks to nationalize the Copenhagen airport. Despite winning awards for efficiency and setting records for passenger numbers, city mayor Frank Jensen (Socialdemokraterne) contends that Copenhagen Airport should be run by the state. Currently the airport is considered one of the most influential centres in Northern Europe, but significant growth in airports in Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki, combined with an ambitious project in Berlin, has threatened to depose the Copenhagen hub as a regional powerhouse. Jensen told the business newspaper Børsen that the City Council strongly supports having a more active role in the operations of the airport and wants the state in on the idea. Read more.
* Denmark: Nation's largest farms implicated in pesticide smuggling ring. Police uncover widespread smuggling ring that distributed banned German pesticides and fertilisers to hundreds of Danish farmers. The case is becoming poison for the reputation of Danish farmers - and may already have poisoned Denmark's drinking water. Over the past month, police in eastern Jutland have broken open two large smuggling rings involving illegal pesticides and fertilisers. Hundreds of Denmark's farmers, including some of its largest food producers are named on the smugglers' customer lists. Among those names are high-ranking members of the agriculture and food council Landbrug & Fødevarer, as well as a Danish prince. Read more.
2012 trade fair calendar in Denmark:
February 24-March 4 "International Boat Show". More info click here.
March 20-22, 2012 "Foodexpo 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
April 13-15, 2012 "Hunting & Outdoor 2012" (Odense). Read more click here.
April 26-28, 2012 "Scandefa 2012" (Copenhagen) dentalfair. More info click here.
May 22-24, 2012 "Health and Rehab Scandinavia" (Copenhagen). More info click here.
May 30-June 1, 2012 "MonitorExpo 2012" (Copenhagen) fair on professional communication via pictures, sound and light. More information click here.
August, 2012 "Formland Expo 2012" (Herning). For professionals working in the field of decoration, home and office design, furniture, lightening, fabrics, handicraft products, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
September 2012 "Automatik 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
October 9-11, 2012 "Copenhagen International Clean Energy Fair". Read more click here.
November 2012 "Food Pharma Tech" (Herning). Trade fair for machinery, packaging, and ingredients for food and pharma industry.
November 2012 "Agromek 2012" (Herning). Agricultural trade fair.
2012 trade fair calendar in Estonia:
- Tallinn fair center Eesti Näitused and,
- Tartu fair center Tartu Näitused.
You can find a list of trade fair organizers for both Estonia and Denmark at our website.
* Follow the news on the Danish Culture events in Estonia at Facebook - click here.
* Follow the news on the Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce at Facebook - click here.