News from members / other organizations / media
(keep yourself posted with the event calendar at www.decc.ee/events/upcoming-events)
January - June 2012
Danish presidency of the council of the European Union. More info from here.
Behind the scenes visit to Tallinn Stock Exchange. More information from here.
Seminar for executive women "The Power of Personal Brand" - most people don't brag well, coming off as self-congratulatory, egocentric or downright annoying. During this seminar we would like to find out which would be the right way to brag leaving people (clients, employees, bosses, etc) wanting to know more about you rather than less.. Further information from here.
Annual General Meeting of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia.
Business Breakfast at Technopolis Ülemiste on "Thinking models and tools of an effective sales manager". Speakers: Mr Heikki Koski (Trainers House) talking about how to achieve even higher goals with new techniques, and Mr Raul Vatsar (Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences) will talk about why and how to enter foreign markets and whom to hire to represent your product. Event is partly English, partly Estonian, but free of charge for anyone. More information from here.
1st women in leadership luncheon by AmCham "Living with Passion, Purpose and Balance". Speakers: Mrs Keit Pentus, Hallie Polt, Veronika Prikrylova. Event takes place at Radisson Olümpia hotel, participation fee 20 €. More information and registration here.
News from Copenhagen Post
* Danish banks top EU list for state handouts. New figures from the European Commission put Denmark near the top of the list for propping up its banks with state support - a policy proscribed by the EU. The comparative numbers paint a picture of the nation's banks as being among the worst in the EU at weathering the economic crisis on their own, without bailouts from taxpayers, reports Ugebrevet A4. Read more.
* SAS loses 6 billion kroner Spanair. SAS has lost six billion kroner on airline Spanair after it filed for bankruptcy on Friday - 4.9 billion from its purchase and 1.4 billion from the bankruptcy. Spanair cancelled all of its flights after the bankruptcy declaration leaving thousands of passengers stranded over the weekend. SAS's losses in the company are not expected to affect the service of its own flights, however, but shareholders should expect the company to post a large deficit this year. Read more.
* Nations high consumer price levels set off debate. The Danish Chamber of Commerce says that an investigative report last week by freesheet 24timer is bogus. The paper ran a front page story alleging that a trolley full of groceries cost half as much in Sweden as it does in Denmark. The Chamber called the paper's conclusions "worthless". The 24timer analysis compared prices between Bilka in Denmark and the Swedish warehouse store Gekås. "The prices they reported have nothing to do with actual price differences between Denmark and Sweden," Geert Laier Christensen, an analyst with the chamber, said. "They chose random goods from a very specific shop 200 kilometres from Copenhagen." Christensen said that a report from the Nielsen Institute shows that when measured over six months, the price for everyday groceries in Denmark is actually lower than in Sweden. Statistics from the European Union's Eurostat show that grocery prices in Denmark are not only higher than those in Sweden, they are the highest in the entire EU. Read more.
2012 trade fair calendar in Denmark:
February 2-5, 2012 "CIFF 2012" and "CIFF Kids 2012" fashion exhibition. More info click here.
February 24-March 4 "International Boat Show". More info click here.
February 24-26, 2012 "Ferie for Alle" (Herning). Read more click here.
March 20-22, 2012 "Foodexpo 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
April 13-15, 2012 "Hunting & Outdoor 2012" (Odense). Read more click here.
April 26-28, 2012 "Scandefa 2012" (Copenhagen) dentalfair. More info click here.
May 22-24, 2012 "Health and Rehab Scandinavia" (Copenhagen). More info click here.
May 30-June 1, 2012 "MonitorExpo 2012" (Copenhagen) fair on professional communication via pictures, sound and light. More information click here.
August, 2012 "Formland Expo 2012" (Herning). For professionals working in the field of decoration, home and office design, furniture, lightening, fabrics, handicraft products, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
September 2012 "Automatik 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
October 9-11, 2012 "Copenhagen International Clean Energy Fair". Read more click here.
November 2012 "Food Pharma Tech" (Herning). Trade fair for machinery, packaging, and ingredients for food and pharma industry.
November 2012 "Agromek 2012" (Herning). Agricultural trade fair.
NB The list of trade fairs is to be updated constantly. In case you are interested to go to a certain fair with a group, please inform us and we try to assist you.
* Follow the news on the Danish Culture events in Estonia at Facebook - click here.
* Follow the news on the Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce at Facebook - click here.