News from members / other organizations / media
(keep yourself posted with the event calendar at www.decc.ee/events/upcoming-events)
October 1 - November 30
Nordic-Baltic Designers Events in Riga. Further information click here.
PÖFF, Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival will take place for the 15th time. Check out the program here, and a list of scheduled Danish movies from here.
International Women's Club of Tallinn invites to visit their traditional Christmas bazaar from 11:00-16:00 at Radisson Blu (Rävala 3). Children's playroom, coffee corner, handicrafts, tombola with prizes. Entrance for free.
Born To Be Global - exceptional approach towards exporting. Seminar free of charge, on Tuesday, November 29th at Viru hotel. More information click here.
Dec 7, American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia
Dec 8, British-Estonian Chamber of Commerce
Dec 9, Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce
NB Monday, December 26th is an official holiday both in Denmark and in Estonia.
News from Copenhagen Post
* Marijuana users want to legalize its usage.
* Tax debt sets new record. Denmark's tax debt is skyrocketing. As of September 30, individual taxpayers and companies owed a total of 57.2 billion kroner to the government. That's equal to 10,259.50 kroner for every man, woman and child. Between 2009 and 2010 the tax debt grew by 3.6 billion kroner, from 49.9 to 53.3 billion. Debt increased by the same amount in just nine months this year, reports Avisen.dk, based on Tax Ministry figures.
* A 54-hour business marathon - Copenhagen Start-Up Weekend took place Nov 18-20 under the slogan "No Talk. Just Action". The event is part of a grassroots entrepreneurship movement begun by the American non-profit Startupweekend.org. In just four years, Startup Weekends have spread to more than 350 cities around the globe. More information about the inititative here.
* Budget airline easyJet is considering establishing a base in Copenhagen from which to expand its operations, Politiken newspaper reports.
2012 trade fair calendar in Denmark:
January 14-15, 2012 "Wedding Exhibition" (Copenhagen, Bella Center). Read more click here.
January 20-22, 2012 "Ferie og Fritid i Bella" and "Golf i Bella" (Copenhagen, Bella Center). Holiday inspirations fair together with golf fair. Read more click here.
February 2-5, 2012 "CIFF 2012" and "CIFF Kids 2012" fashion exhibition. More info click here.
February 24-March 4 "International Boat Show". More info click here.
February 24-26, 2012 "Ferie for Alle" (Herning). Read more click here.
March 20-22, 2012 "Foodexpo 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
April 13-15, 2012 "Hunting & Outdoor 2012" (Odense). Read more click here.
April 26-28, 2012 "Scandefa 2012" (Copenhagen) dentalfair. More info click here.
May 22-24, 2012 "Health and Rehab Scandinavia" (Copenhagen). More info click here.
May 30-June 1, 2012 "MonitorExpo 2012" (Copenhagen) fair on professional communication via pictures, sound and light. More information click here.
August, 2012 "Formland Expo 2012" (Herning). For professionals working in the field of decoration, home and office design, furniture, lightening, fabrics, handicraft products, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
September 2012 "Automatik 2012" (Herning). Read more click here.
October 9-11, 2012 "Copenhagen International Clean Energy Fair". Read more click here.
November 2012 "Food Pharma Tech" (Herning). Trade fair for machinery, packaging, and ingredients for food and pharma industry.
November 2012 "Agromek 2012" (Herning). Agricultural trade fair.
NB The list of trade fairs is to be updated constantly. In case you are interested to go to a certain fair with a group, please inform us and we try to assist you.
* Follow the news on the Danish Culture events in Estonia at Facebook - click here.
* Follow the news on the Danish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce at Facebook - click here.