Our safety philosophy is that all accidents are preventable - by identifying and eliminating the incidents that cause them.
6 Top Safety Challenges - And How to Avoid Them
- Pinch Points - Keep your body out of the line of fire of work activity.
- Falls - In any area at any height, use the right protection where falling is a hazard.
- Hearing Loss - If you have to raise your voice to be heard when standing next to someone, you need hearing protection. Any work above 85db requires hearing protection.
- High Reach and Scissor Lift operation - Keep your hands inside the operating cages and off the rails.
- Working platforms - Wire or cleat boards so they don't move when someone stands on them.
- Confined Space Entry - Air must be monitored with a multi gas monitor any time you enter a Confined Space.
Every crew, every day should start their shift with a talk about how they can perform their work safely. Follow the Joulé model, and hold Daily Tool Box Talks at the beginning of each shift. Laying out the project from a safety standpoint makes all the difference.
Corporate Safety Director Jim Zee has 30 years of industry experience and speaks to Fortune 100 firms on safety. He is always available to discuss potential safety issues with Joulé clients. Contact him at email@example.com or call him at 856-423-7500 x106.
Have a safe day!