The government should never force any employer to violate his or her religious beliefs by forcing them to cover the abortion-inducing "Plan B" pill in their insurance plans.
This fight is not over! To turn this defeat into a victory, two senators have to change their "No" votes to "Yes."
We need your help! YOU can have an impact on standing for religious freedom by making five phone calls or sending five emails today! The legislators below are the ones we hope will reconsider their "No" votes so that this legislation can pass:
Adam Driggs email@example.com 602-926-3016
Jerry Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-5760
John McComish email@example.com 602-926-5898
John Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-5872
Steve Pierce email@example.com 602-926-5584
Each senator listed above has been a strong vote for pro-life measures, including the ban on abortions after 20 weeks. We very much appreciate those stands. On this bill, however, they sided with Planned Parenthood. Encourage them to reconsider their position and stand with us to defend religious freedom.
Use these talking points to craft your email to these Senators:
- The government should not force anyone to violate his or her religious beliefs. HB 2625 ensures that an overreaching government does not intrude upon our First Amendment rights.
- HB 2625 strengthens Arizona's case to stand against Obamacare. Those opposing this bill stand with President Obama and his health care mandate that forces religious employers and other employers with religious beliefs to violate their sincerely held beliefs.
- Despite what opponents say, HB 2625 does not allow for employers to access their employees' private medical information. Senate amendments clarify that there is no way for an employer to access an employee's protected health information. This bill has been distorted by its opponents when it simply protects religious liberty.
- No one should be forced to pay for abortion-inducing drugs. Current Arizona Law requires employers to provide insurance coverage for "Plan B," a drug that can cause abortions.
- The Obama administration's actions to require free birth control under Obamacare and current Arizona law impact every person of faith, regardless of their view of contraception or abortion. By forcing employers who have religious convictions about birth control to cover it in their insurance plans, the government is displaying a complete disregard for our religious liberties guaranteed under the First Amendment.
Please forward this email to a friend, encouraging them to stand for religious freedom and to contact these senators.
Pray for this and other CAP-supported legislation. Without the Lord, victory is impossible
Track the progress of all CAP-supported legislation on our Bill Tracker and Facebook Page.