February 13, 2012
ACTION ALERT: Stand for Life!
CAP-supported pro-life legislation needs YOUR help this week!
The Mothers' Health and Safety Act, HB 2838, sponsored by Representative Kimberly Yee will be heard in the House Health and Human Services Committee on Wednesday. This bill:
- Prohibits abortion after 20 weeks because of the safety risks to the mother and the pain endured by the preborn child
- Ensures women have an ultrasound at least 24 hours prior to an abortion.
- Establishes an informed consent website which details the facts about fetal development, risks of abortion, and services available.
- Requires doctors performing surgical abortions to have admitting privileges at a hospital within thirty miles of the abortion facility.
- Informs women about perinatal hospice and other support options available in the event their child is diagnosed in utero with a disability.
CAP-supported legislation to end backdoor funding of abortion (HB 2800) will also be heard in the House Health Committee on Wednesday.
As a part of their "Women are Watching" campaign, Planned Parenthood and their abortion supporters are contacting legislators to oppose pro-life legislation.
Pro-life legislators need to hear from you! While the Legislature is composed of a two-thirds pro-life majority, they still need to hear the encouragement from you to vote pro-life!
1. Click here to contact your state representatives and senator to encourage them to stand strong for life! Thank them for their commitment to life, if applicable. If you're not sure how your legislator has voted on pro-life legislation in the past, check out last year's voting records here.
2. Join CAP at a press conference outside the Glendale Planned Parenthood at 11:30 a.m. and outside the Tucson Planned Parenthood at 3:00 p.m. this Thursday! Along with the Susan B. Anthony List, CAP will be a part of a press conference in support of legislation to end backdoor public funding of abortion (HB 2800).
3. Pray for this and other CAP-supported legislation. Without the Lord, victory is impossible.4. Track the progress of all CAP-supported legislation on our Bill Tracker and Facebook Page.
Arizona has made immense progress recently to protect women and the preborn. Let's keep the momentum going by showing our support for life this week!