Welcome to the October 2010 edition of Landscape Lighting Supply's monthly e-newsletter. This month we are celebrating lots of exciting NEW ARRIVALS! Read on...and feel free to forward our newsletter to anyone else that would be interested in learning Watts Up in the landscape lighting industry!
|An LED for Every Application!|
Our newest LED shipment has arrived and we are pleased to say that we now have an LED for any occasion you may require. Warm white? We got 'em! Wide flood for downlighting? We got those, too! LED Feature Spot? Yup! 12 volts? Sure. 120 volts? Uh -huh. You get the idea...we are officially in the one-stop-shop LED business. Our LED PAR family now includes 3500K and 5000K lamps in 15, 25 and 40 degree beam spreads - all in either 12 volts or 120 volts...you choose!
Click here for links to our newest cutsheets on the Moon Visions line of LED PARs:
And don't forget our LED Floodlight family!
|30W LED Square Flood with Debris Shield |
These LED floodlights pack quite a punch for their compact size. Available in 10, 30 and 50 watts, they project a 180 degree spread. Perfect for uplighting large tree canopies! And we had a 3-sided aluminum debris shield custom made to fit each size. These shields protect from glare, yet will not accumulate bugs and debris on the fixtures.
LED Square Floodlights
|Tips on selling LEDs|
|We all know that times are tough in this economy and it's hard to sell a high-end luxury item like outdoor lighting. But did you know that LEDs are much more affordable to the end user than you would think? Here's a few reasons why it's smarter to buy LEDs now (or convert your existing mercury vapor) and start saving $$:
- Energy Savings Add Up: Of course we know that LEDs pay for themselves very quickly in energy savings. But when compared to Mercury Vapor lighting, matched lamp to lamp, the savings are very worthwhile:
- 175W MV can be replaced with a 22W LED, saving you $62.55 per year PER LAMP!
- 100W MV can be replaced with a 14W LED, saving you $35.16 per year PER LAMP!
- 50W MV can be replaced with a 7W LED, saving you $17.58 per year PER LAMP!
(These figures were calculated based on burning each lamp 8 hours per night, 365 days per year at $.14 per kilowatt hour.) And since our 120V PARs are a direct replacement, it's easy to just unscrew the mercury lamp, disconnect the ballast, and replace with an LED lamp.
- Smaller Transformers: Because LEDs consume such minimal wattage, you'll save money on a smaller transformer. No need for the 600 or 900 watt huge expensive boxes anymore! Use the hardwire buck/boost transformers in smaller wattages and spend much less money. And don't forget - the Moon Visions' LED lamps WILL operate on both electronic and magnetic transformers. A 75 watt electronic transformer at $19 each can operate (15) PAR20 5W lamps!
- Go Low Voltage: Get the same light output while operating on just 12 volts! This means no pipe, no conduit up the tree, no trenching, no permits, no extra breakers, no worries!! That is a big savings!
- Long Lamp Life: These lamps are rated at 50,000 hours (which is 10 times longer than a halogen lamp), saving you $60 per lamp over the life of the system! (Based on an MR16 lamp at $6.00 each)
|LEDs and Their Warranties...Trick? or Treat?|
LED Warranties can be tricky - no doubt. They all say they are rated at 50,000 hours...which burning 8 hours a night is over 17 years. But most are only guaranteed for 1 year. The Moon Visions' family of LEDs are warrantied for 3 years, which is one of the longest for PAR lamps in the industry. Our lamps are field-replaceable...meaning that IF you did have a fluke defective lamp, we could replace just the LED lamp for you and not have to get a whole new fixture. Because we inventory the light engines and the drivers separately, we could even determine which part of the LED failed (and why) and give you just the part that you needed. And to minimize failures, we 100% test EVERY lamp before we box it up here in our warehouse!
|And our most precious new arrival this month...|
We are thrilled to annouce the arrival of
Graham Edward Chapman
Born October 14th at 3:11pm
Proud Mommy Melissa is doing well and loving her new life with two boys. Our newest "Lower Shelf Manager" will be joining us at the office in December!