|Harrison House Suites & Tucker House Inn Newsletter |
Greetings from Friday Harbor! We enjoy getting to know our guests and providing assistance in your trip planning during our phone and email conversations prior to your stay. But the real pleasure is finally putting a face to the voice when you arrive on the Island.
This weekend several of our guests celebrated different marital milestones - a 10 year anniversary, a bachelorette party and a proposal. Just minutes ago, we received the text message, 'success'. Shay, our innkeeper whom you met in February's newsletter, spent the afternoon decorating the Four Winds Suite to welcome back our newly engaged guests. She filled the suite with congratulations balloons, bouquets of spring flowers and red roses, sparkling wine and a basket of body products. As I am writing this I hear the surprise yell from the hallway upstairs as they entered their suite. Last night at Coho, we saved one bouquet to adorn their table. All the other guests at Coho were reveling in their celebration and bought them them drinks and send them well wishes.
So if you are planning something special during your stay on the Islands, we are here to help. We are good at keeping secrets and can work as stealthy as Santa's elves to pull off an extra special surprise.
With warm regards,
Anna Maria and Dave
Harrison House Suites & Tucker House Inn
Mollies Meals and Treats
Mollie, January's innkeeper of the month, has been working hard tasting and perfecting baked goodies for her visiting four-legged pals. Her new line of products includes classic, apple oatmeal and peanut butter biscuits along with chewy doggie bagels. Mollie makes cakes and pupcakes for special occasions. She celebrated her 13th birthday with a carrot cake.
Her masters taste test her recipes as Mollie uses 100% human grade ingredients and organic fruits and vegetables. The meats and poultry in her raw doggie food are hormone, antibiotic and preservative free. Mollie's treats will be available for sale at the Inn beginning May 1st and online at after May 15th at www.doggiebiscuitsandmore.com.
Spring & Summer Travel Ideas for Your San Juan Island Vacation
- Remember that half the fun is getting here. Take the Kenmore Sea Plane from downtown Seattle and land in the Friday Harbor Marina -35 minutes later. Where else in the lower 48 can you enjoy such an adventure while taking in such spectacular scenery?
- On your way to the Washington State Ferry Terminal, exit the I-5 in Mt. Vernon and meaner through the farmland of Skagit Valley to Anacortes. In April and May, you can enjoy tulips and daffodils and in June you can stop by one of the farm stands and enjoy fresh delicious berries.
- Add an international stop over to your San Juan Vacation. Dust off your passport and take the Victoria Express Ferry to Victoria, B.C. and enjoy a city more 'English' than London.....and don't forget to add Butchart Gardens to your list of things not to miss.
- Take one of the Inn's complementary bikes and enjoy a culinary tour around Lopez Island - visit the Winery, enjoy Lopez Island Ice Cream and homemade fudge and relax with a picnic lunch from Cafe Vitas at one of many scenic spots.
- Get away with a multiday kayaking trip visiting the remote and uninhabited San Juan Islands. There are 170 Islands in all! Stay with us on either end of your trip to ease back into civilization.
Please contact us if we can assist with these or other activities as you plan your trip to the Islands!