Call For Blacksmiths Interested In Serving
ABANA needs you! For what, you ask? To run for a seat on ABANA's Board of Directors.
Over the last few years ABANA has made great strides in promoting the art of blacksmithing, beefing up our member relations, providing better services to our members, etc. etc. But for us to continue these efforts, we need dedicated members who are willing to serve. Please consider joining us by running in the upcoming election.
You can see information about the current board here:
http://www.abana.org/business/abana_board.shtmlThere are only three simple things you need to do to be placed on the ballot as a candidate:
- First, a nominating petition with the signatures of 10 or more ABANA members (If you have problems with this, please contact George Matthews at the below email address and I will help you get the needed signatures)
- Second, a candidate's statement
- And finally a picture of yourself.
You must have these things submitted before April 15, 2012 in order for your statement to be published in the summer issue of the Anvils Ring.
The schedule for the 2012 elections is:
Thank you for considering this great opportunity to have a positive impact on the future of ABANA and blacksmithing.
- December 20, 2011: Notice of Election published in The Anvil's Ring
- April 15, 2012: Nominations deadline for candidates. Statements to be published with ballot in Summer Issue of The Anvil's Ring
- June 15, 2012: Members receive Candidate Statements and Ballot in Summer Issue of The Anvil's Ring
- August 15, 2012: Postmark date for completed ballots
- September, 2102: Notification to Elected Board Members
- November, 2012: Annual ABANA Board Meeting (Date and Location TBD) where new Board Members assume their duties.