It is that time of year to start thinking about the elections to the ABANA Board of Directors. Remember this is your organization and it is with your willingness to provide blood, sweat and tears that ABANA will continue of the road to being the preeminent blacksmith organization in the world!
You or any fellow ABANA member you know might be interested in running for one of the five open directorships, so please give this opportunity some serious consideration. You don't have to be a full time professional blacksmith to be a member of the Board. All you need is a passion for blacksmithing and a desire to see it continue to live on. This is your chance to work hard to insure that blacksmithing and ABANA stays in the forefront.
There are only three simple things you need to do to be placed on the ballot as a candidate:
- First, a nominating petition with the signatures of 10 or more ABANA members (If you have problems with this, please contact me at the below email address and I will help you get the needed signatures)
- Second, a candidate's statement
- And finally a picture of yourself.
You must have these things submitted before April 15, 2012 in order for your statement to be published in the summer issue of the Anvils Ring.
The schedule for the 2012 elections is:
- December 20, 2011: Notice of Election published in The Anvil's Ring
- April 15, 2012: Nominations deadline for candidates. Statements to be published with ballot in Summer Issue of The Anvil's Ring
- June 15, 2012: Members receive Candidate Statements and Ballot in Summer Issue of The Anvil's Ring
- August 15, 2012: Postmark date for completed ballots
- September, 2102: Notification to Elected Board Members
- November, 2012: Annual ABANA Board Meeting (Date and Location TBD) where new Board Members assume their duties.