Two $600 scholarships will be awarded for the Traditional Joinery Projects Class taught by Clay Spencer, April 8-14, 2012
Check class description at:
Students must be intermediate to advanced skill level and will be responsible for any expenses not covered by the scholarship such as meals, lodging/camping, materials and fuel fee.
1. Describe your blacksmithing training/experience: any classes, demonstrations, jobs, commissions, craft shows, how much you work at your forge, etc.
2. Several photos of your work.
3. Drawing of the project you propose to do in class. It should be to scale showing stock size and joinery, no MIG or arc welding in project. Include list of material with sizes and lengths.
4. Goals for your blacksmithing, briefly.
5. Why you need scholarship help, briefly.
Your application will be graded against others received.
Send to Clay Spencer at
73 Penniston Pvt. Drive
Somerville, AL 35670
You may call 256-558-3658 or e-mail on any questions. Application must be received by March 1, 2012. Do not send before February 1.